free website stats program Barnett Clutch Issue? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Barnett Clutch Issue?

Jack's point about adjustment COLD is a good one. Cold, means the next day after being parked.

Yeah I always adjust things when the bike's cold. I think it may be that the clutch has settled in and I just need to readjust it.

Are you using a synthetic ATF? I have a Rivera Primo Pro Clutch and they also recommend ATF. I use regular ole TYPE F. Plain Jane, no friction modifiers. 30K on it and not one problem. Last time on the dyno the numbers were 120h/125t. The Rivera hooks up and doesn't slip at all.

I am using a synthetic. Barnett didn't really specify, but you make a good point about all the added friction modifiers. I'm not getting any slippage though, only the drag issue when the clutch lever is fully pulled. I was always a little iffy about the atf, and I think I'll end up changing it out. Thanks for the post!

Barnett has recommended ATF type F for years. I use to use it my old Shovel,Evo, etc.. But not synthetic.
Like 90FXRS I never had any problems.
tourbox

Update:
It turned out to be adjustment related. I stepped through the clutch and cable adjustment process again, and that took care of the problem. My thought is that the plates had to break in a bit. I didn't change out the ATF yet, but will do that on the next oil change in about 500 miles. Thanks everyone for you spot on insight. Stay safe out there!

Back