free website stats program Baker 7 speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Baker 7 speed

I highlighted my question. Is it true that this gearbox does not clank when you shift.
What does it sound like when you shift gears?
Thanks!

From Neutral to 1st you still get the Harley clank. The other gears are less clanky when shifting than the 6 speed but no clank, definitely not. 6th gear (on the 6 speed) at 80 miles an hour was 2950 rpm's with the 7th gear on the DD7 at 80 miles an hour is 3150 rpm's. The main difference is the gear ratio. Huge difference when taking off in 1st or just putting in 1st. (No riding the clutch.)

Also, Mz Bling use to take me out of the gun with her cam driven, S&S carb, 2 into 1 python 1200 Sportster but now I give her a run for her money. They think we're Bonnie and Clyde when leaving Neptunes in Malibu. Quite a show now that she's not dusting me out of the gun. :D Ya' dig!

From Neutral to 1st you still get the Harley clank. The other gears are less clanky when shifting than the 6 speed but no clank, definitely not. 6th gear (on the 6 speed) at 80 miles an hour was 2950 rpm's with the 7th gear on the DD7 at 80 miles an hour is 3150 rpm's. The main difference is the gear ratio. Huge difference when taking off in 1st or just putting in 1st. (No riding the clutch.)

Also, Mz Bling use to take me out of the gun with her cam driven, S&S carb, 2 into 1 python 1200 Sportster but now I give her a run for her money. They think we're Bonnie and Clyde when leaving Neptunes in Malibu. Quite a show now that she's not dusting me out of the gun. :D Ya' dig!

:s Very good info here Craig, I am amazed you have that kind of pull compared to the HOT ROD Sporster, I hope Bubbie reads this one for clobbering me over shifting 1 more gear:p Peace and enjoy your ride

Are you saying that the 7 speed box is running 200 RPM Higher at 80mph in 7th than the 6th gear of the stock 6 speed?

That is giving the in-between gearing a lot of Room.

I would like the lower first but not at the expense of top end (7) loosing 200 RPM. So I would still favor the 6 speed AS LONG as it stays Trouble free for me...

I WOULD consider the 7 speed IF My 6 became a problem...

I would use Redline ShockProof Heavy in it as I Have Had NO prroblems with my 6 speed.
The HD DEALER (owner) put in Redline Right Off the Floor, on my 09 FLHR, Knowing I used Only Redline products..SO does he.:D

signed....BUBBIE

Are you saying that the 7 speed box is running 200 RPM Higher at 80mph in 7th than the 6th gear of the stock 6 speed?

I would like the lower first but not at the expense of top end (7) loosing 200 RPM. So I would still favor the 6 speed AS LONG as it stays Trouble free for me...

signed....BUBBIE

Yes, it is running 200 rpm's higher in which I thought was a trip since the 7th was suppose to be the same 1:1 ratio as the 6 speed. To be honest, I'm is 6th most of the time usually around 72-75 miles per hour. Now, If i recall, when having the DD7 installed, they do mention calibrating the speedo 2-4 miles an hour either way for certain purposes. I left that up to my indie company so that might have effected the rpm's slightly. All I know is a DIG the DD7 over the stock 6 speed and can give Mz Bling a run for her "BLING".:D

Back