free website stats program Bad Luck Came my way | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Luck Came my way

Here's a progress report.
The cut to release the fluids is down to a drip overnight and almost closed up.
1611114067214888576227088895157.jpg
I can wiggle all fingers but nowhere close to making a fist.
The tip of the thumb most of the pointing and middle finger is still numb. Ring finger and pinky are 80 % of normal.
Hand therapy is 3 days a week into February.
As for the pain, I have given up on the oxy, as the nerves begin to wake up they send a shooting zap from the smallest pin point area of a finger up into the forearm,
But each day there is a very small improvement.
Don't know when I will be going back to work.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you are on the mend, maybe pretty soon you will be able to grab a handful of throttle

My wife got the Custom Dynamics turn signal inserts for me for Christmas but all I can do look at them.

Hopefully in a few more weeks I'll be able to install the kit.
right now I'm just happy that I learned how to tie my shoes with 1 hand.

Attachments

• 20210120_164703.jpg
    20210120_164703.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Those led lights are nice, even in daylight, you can see them clearly. Hope your hand gets better soon. Tie your shoes with one hand, now that's quite an accomplishment. lol

Here we are in mid April.
Sitting on the back patio, probably 70 degrees slight breeze listening to scooters cruising by.
My hand ✋ is improving, tips of the thumb pointer middle and inside of ring fingers are still numb. I have burned and gotten cuts on them but didn't feel it. Doing better at being more careful.
This is as close to a fist I can make.
16187818957178009273316620907040.jpg
Doc said this may take up to a year for the swelling to go down and nerves back to normal.
While driving I've been working at grabbing the steering wheel and than hanging on as long as possible but the pain gets too much so I let go after 10 minutes.
Therapy is still 3 days a week.
Ended up trying to do what ever I can left handed at work to help out being 1 guy quit on me and the state L&I is graciously paying me $7.17 per DAY.
Must be based on the Kathy Lee Gifford pay scale.
Anyway, I need to get the bike and trailer out the storage room down at the shop back to the house for a good washing, both very dusty.

Hey Joel, looks like you are making progress hopefully you will be back to riding soon, hang in there!

Good luck, keep up the therapy, it does help. ;) I get to go to the doctor tomorrow to check out some issues with my thumb as well. When my dad had carpal tunnel, he had the same problems I am having. He healed up pretty good, so I hope I don't have any issues. (I'm really hoping for a cortisone shot to be the answer, but not holding my breath). But, my thumb / wrist / forearm have been hurting for close to a month, so I'm going to get checked out.

I hope you start seeing an improvement soon so you can get back to being right handed! I learned what a bad lefty I was when I broke my hand 3 years ago. ;)

Geezus frickin Christmas.Do you think you'd have been better off,leaving the thumb alone? I only ask because my Dr. has suggested carpel tunnel surgery for both my hands.After reading this,I'm thinkin,no thanks,please.

Back