free website stats program Bad Luck Came my way | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Luck Came my way

joel

12/21/20 I went in for trigger thumb release surgery.
Doc said of I wanted he could do a pain block injection , that way I would be awake for the surgery and when he's done than I could go to work.
15 minutes after he's done I'm on my way out, no waking up in the recovery room.
Stitches came out on 12/31/20.
When I went in to have the Stitches removed I had some swelling.
I asked the doc if my hand was infected and he said it didn't look like it.
The weekend was a challenge do to how swollen and my hand was.
Monday at the emergency room I got 2 shots of antibiotics and a bottle to take home. With instructions that if I wasn't better by Wednesday I would need to be admitted to the hospital..
Tuesday we went back to the emergency clinic do to being worse.
And was admitted and in a hospital bed by noon with the strongest antibiotics from iv line.
Wednesday at 10 am. Surgery to my hand to drain out the infection.
I was on the strongest antibiotics from the continues iv until Friday afternoon when they were able to get determine the infection wasn't mersa and it was a strain of staff infection. This than changed the type of antibiotics and about 3 hrs between bags.
I got to go home Saturday afternoon.

Here are some pictures.
20210105_171822.jpg

Attachments

• 20210110_074637.jpg
    20210110_074637.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210107_074745.jpg
    20210107_074745.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210106_203506.jpg
    20210106_203506.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
As of today 1/14/21 I am able to wiggle my fingers a slight amount, no feelings in the thumb, pointing finger, and most of the middle finger.
Wish me luck .

Oh, I could never do surgery without being out could...I'd be green & throwing up at the first clink of metal...:O Then they would be working on two places. :eek::confused::( Those staff infections are dangerous, take care.

Glad you are doing better!

I had temporary trigger thumb.Got it from tearin my socks off,in my sleep! Took me awhile to figure it out.Finally went away,I stopped wearing socks to bed.Took a good month or so,that poppin could get painful,specially first thing in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man!
Rather you than me- that’s for sure.
Good luck with it all.
Maybe time for a new Doc- - -?

Joel
Sorry that happened, not the best way to kick off a new year. Glad to hear you are improving and hopefully will continue until this just becomes a faded bad memory. Good luck my friend!

My wife had trigger thumb release about 20yrs ago. It still bothers her. But she's had 5 surgeries on her hands now. 4 for Carpal Tunnel. Had to have them both redone twice. She's tough as (EDIT)! Hope yours recovers soon. I think the trick is keep moving it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back