free website stats program Bad Day; Lost My '07 RoadKing In a Freeway Wreck! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Day; Lost My '07 RoadKing In a Freeway Wreck!

Well we have reached an agreement with the insurance company at last.
They are going to pay me just about $14K plus I get to keep the salvage. So that's not too bad at all.
I figure that will go a long way towards buying a suitable replacement bike once we are down in Phoenix.
I will probably part out the salvage for whatever there is that is useful , then junk the rest. The engine and tranny at least are good, since the dealership that did the repair appraisal started it up and ran it through the gears. So that's good to know, since it only had 21,000 miles on it.
I guess basically the saga has ended as well as it could have, given the nature of the accident.
My buddy is getting around pretty well now, though he says his knee is still pretty painful at times. But at least he is alive.
I am hoping that we are able to get some good riding in down in Arizona, because this thing has certainly put a damper on the old biking spirit. Funny how these things play on your mind when they hit close to home or someone you know really well.
Cheers all,
Rod

Back