free website stats program Bad Day For Me | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad Day For Me

Twisted Dude, I know the feeling, I got taken out by Grandma in a giant Buick and then she took off on me!

Icident #2 Grandpaw in a truck wants to just slide over to my lane while I am ocuping it; Steal Toe boot to the drivers door sure woke his a$$ up and then when he regain control of his steal cage he looked at me like it was my fault! ahhhh. I am not against old people driving, my Mom and Dad are old, but they are good little drives and because I ride a scoot they are very aware of bikers.

Glad you are ok and no it is just a bike! its your pride and joy!:s

Big Lou

Thanks Csm,

My new line will be "Look Twice..Cagers Wont!"

I would have to say 9 out of 10 cagers have the head in the clouds and pay no attention out there. It's a good thing I am not in law enforcement, I would run out of ticket books, I would hand them out like cupons at the grocery store for their stupid moves out there on the road. :p

It would have been fun to see the wife kick some soccer moms tail but it would have made it a very long night in the Gwinnett County jail for her.:yes
A night in jail would not have stopped my wife from using "scoccer mom" for a mop and and cleaning the street with her. And it wouldn't be the first time ether!! :60:
Glad you weren't hurt but having your scoot run over is a BAD day anyway you look at it.

RBG,
I will get my list together today and we can compare note! :D
Glad you were able to use this as a remider to other riders to expect the unexpected. :57: You never know what can happen, never thought i would be sitting still and WAM some dumb a&$ runs up my fender. If it would have been a dude, totaly differnt out come for sure:boxing but I had to settle for my yankee/Saprano's backround (no gun involved) and use every word I could think of!
Joey,
Dude you are 100% right!:ap If I could I would mount a 50 cal on the front and blast them away!:D
I have 20 techs on the road around Atlanta and they deal with this day in and out. Sure I get a few calls from pissed off drivers couse my guy would not let them merg over at the last minute! My guys have more miles backing up then the retarts have going forward!:s

Twisted...I'm of the belief that drivers licences are too easy to posess. Just take a drivers course, be a goody two shoes during the road test and voila you get a permit to operate a motor vehicle. Drivers need to know that driving a vehicle is a full time job that requires your complete attention.

What needs to happen is that penalties for anyone convicted of causing a collision be severe enough to impress upon them the importance of concentration when behind the wheel and in a case where they have caused someone to be severely injured or killed their driving privilege should be taken away permanently, we don't need them on the roads. In your case it could have been much much worse and I'm glad your alright.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now (ha!) in the meantime keep safe and watch out for the other guy.

Tom

IMP, I think the drivers test should be combined with some bikes used during the time when you are taking the test to see how you react to the bikes. Like bike/car interaction. Would I volunteer to ride a bike next to a learner??? Not on your life:D

You guys are 100 % correct:s It is way to easy to get behind the wheel with very little experience! You gain that over the years on the road in real life! I know i have learned a lot in my 37 years and get better with time but never let that swell my head.:no We all know we can some what B/S our way through something and a car/truck or bike is not the place to do that. It is way to easy to get a licence and much more difficult to get a passport, trust me just got mine today and guess what? They spelled my last name wrong! I Gave them 3 forms of I.D., birth,license, and conceled wepons permit! Plus the endless forms i filled out.:devil They still messed it up! And I leave this weekend for a trip out of the country.
So I guess it shows the goverment does mess up too? :22:

I was just wondering.....and I don't know if it's true in all states but in Washington you have to get classes of endorsements for a motorcycle, but for a car you can take your test in a little car like a Geo Metro and then go off and get behind the wheel of a Yukon if you want to. Does that seem a little Back Assword to anyone else?:33: :dknow

That is how I feel Joe,
I think that is bull, they get behind the wheel of a 1 million dollar Prevost and can't back the darn thing up! They should have a cdl for that,even if it's a private bus.
I took my cdl to Correctly tow my 37' 5th wheel and understand the the ways of a 18 wheel driver. My dad would not have any other way (long time over the road driver). I have been in many camp grounds when they pull in un-hitch the cager and then watch them for over an half hour trying to get that thing in the hole, it's funny!:khee I have even jumped behind the wheel and put it in there for them!
I feel for you Joe, there are not to many people out there that will respect you or give you some slack. They do not know how long it takes you to stop that 53 footer when you Are loaded and wham! they pull right out in front of you and then look up at you like it's your fault! :hii
I guess we could go on and on about this, but it's like handing a loaded gun to some of the retarts out there and expect them NOT to pull the triger.

Twisted, sorry to hear about this, but glad that you're OK. Bikes can be fixed.... folks are a lot tougher to replace!

As for you telling her off, I'm sure you wanted to vent more, especially after her "it's only a bike" comment. Wonder if she'd feel that way if someone she knew was on the back end of that bike that just got hit? As for them taking a course, I would think that's a great idea, sadly, most of them would forget what they learned there, just as quickly as they've obviously forgotten in basic drivers ed?!? Go figure.

Good for her to get those tickets.. and if she knows the dealers so well.. maybe she'll be able to get your bike fixed faster, but that's about it.

Sounds to me like you did the right thing, and again, glad you're OK.

Amen brother!

I had an accident August 31st, in hospital 2 wks, rehab 1 week and 2 months recuperation at home, then 1/2 days at work for two weeks. $5000 to fix my 08 FLHTCU and $61K+ to fix me.

Glad your ok.

Back