free website stats program Back Suspension Of A Touring In Curves | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Back Suspension Of A Touring In Curves

keeping you posted:

i have changed my worn tires and amazingly the wobble got almost dissapear (compared with what I felt in my first impressions, coz still there is a little, very little remains of it). So I agree VibratingHarley, many factors affect this matters.

Changing the tires, made me feel that does not require any stabilizer, dough. Perfectly take freeway curves at 100 mph (in Mexico pals!)

Cheers!

I can say that I ride the snot out of my 99 Road King, 106" stroker over 135 ftlbs of torque at the rear wheel and I definitely know the rear steer issues. There are a number of stabilizers out there I know someone that rode an FL with the one from custom chrome and he said it eliminated it.

I just got my 09 SG and with the new frame there is no rear steer that I can tell had it up to 100 today and had no wobble or anything. A very welcome change!!:newsmile090::bigsmiley8:

You're not riding your bike hard enough.... By pumping up the suspension (front and rear) it helps, but doesn't completely eliminate it..

NOt riding hard enough? Kind of a bold statement to make. I am just saying I have ridden it plenty hard and have never felt this.:bigsmiley31:

NOt riding hard enough? Kind of a bold statement to make. I am just saying I have ridden it plenty hard and have never felt this.:bigsmiley31:

No offense intended. But Yep... Bold, very bold... I guess I should put a smiley on the end of it for ya... Riding it hard has a different meaning for each person. I used to race, you know, those bikes that are oriental or Italian:ITALY. So I probably ride my bikes harder then you do. So, as the old hooligan saying goes... If you're not hang off it or scrapping the hard parts, you're not riding it hard enough. In other words, there are times that I ride all my bike(s) as if I stole it!:bigsmiley14:

I do have a question... Do you still have the chicken strips on your tires? Chicken strips are the little nubs left on outside of the tire tread from the tire mold.

You can feel this wobble if you are working the bikes suspension at a rate other than just cruising down the highway. In other words, you're hustling it thru the corners....

Attachments

• chrome.jpg
    chrome.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
If i rode it any hard it would be sliding not rolling it just does not have the so called wobble.
Now if not every bike has it then it means there is a cause that needs to be found.
This is by far not the first Hd I have owned and No one other owner I know has a problem with this wobble.

I've ridden all the of the electra glide series of bikes and they all do it. They all have the same frame. Yea, I'm the guy at the end of pack during demo rides. I give the other demo riders enough room ahead of me so I hustle the bike thru the corners. There is a difference under what conditions the bikes do it, some at lower effort, some at higher effort. But they all do it.

Last edited:
Mine is an '05 and I have felt the rear wheel steer sensation. Worst I remember was on an interstate going down a steep incline with curves. Felt like the back end was doing a wiggle. We were two up loaded down with baggage and using a lot of brake. I've thought about a unit called Ride Str8, there is also a coupe companies that sell hard bushings. You can't use the hard bushings and a link system together though so I've been told.
Myself, I'm used to it and it doesn't really bother me, I don't ride that agressive anyway.

Get a set of STA BO's. That will solve your problem for < $130. I put some on my 06 E-glide and they work pretty well.

No offense intended. But Yep... Bold, very bold... I guess I should put a smiley on the end of it for ya... Riding it hard has a different meaning for each person. I used to race, you know, those bikes that are oriental or Italian:ITALY. So I probably ride my bikes harder then you do. So, as the old hooligan saying goes... If you're not hang off it or scrapping the hard parts, you're not riding it hard enough. In other words, there are times that I ride all my bike(s) as if I stole it!:bigsmiley14:

I do have a question... Do you still have the chicken strips on your tires? Chicken strips are the little nubs left on outside of the tire tread from the tire mold.

You can feel this wobble if you are working the bikes suspension at a rate other than just cruising down the highway. In other words, you're hustling it thru the corners....

Sleddog. No offense taken. And I do not have any chicken strips on the tires. NO biggie. I guess I am just lucky.

Back