free website stats program Back Suspension Of A Touring In Curves | Harley Davidson Forums

Back Suspension Of A Touring In Curves

salortizro

Hello all,

I just traded my XL-50 for a Street Glide 06. So far I'm very pleased on becoming a bagger.

Very, very confortable and the style goes too far; the wife is now smiling when she rides as passenger.

Anyway, I'm feeling that the back wheel is a kind of unstable or loosed (on curves and dribling at low speeds). I heared this is a common and normal sensation in this scoot; is this right????.

Pleas note that I had already adjusted on different inflation rates on the rear shocks (also tires!)

Thanks!

yep its normal what i call the flat tire feel there is a link you can add that supposed to get rid of the feel about 400$ for it i hae not tried it yet .. it can be unnervering

Hello all,

I just traded my XL-50 for a Street Glide 06. So far I'm very pleased on becoming a bagger.

Very, very confortable and the style goes too far; the wife is now smiling when she rides as passenger.

Anyway, I'm feeling that the back wheel is a kind of unstable or loosed (on curves and dribling at low speeds). I heared this is a common and normal sensation in this scoot; is this right????.

Pleas note that I had already adjusted on different inflation rates on the rear shocks (also tires!)

Thanks!

Yep, it sucks when you are cruising into a turn and it feels like your back tire is flat. I fixed mine by installing a Alloy Art Touring XR Stabilizer. I bought the polished version for just about $400. and it has definately improved the handling and just about eliminated the rear steer condition that I had before I installed this kit. IMHO, Harley should sell their dresser bikes with this kit installed from factory as you shouldn't have to pay any amount just to be able to drive your bike safely as the rear steer condition on their rubber mounted dressers make this bike unsafe at speed. MY $.02 worth. Oh and here is the link to the one I installed on my 08 Ultra
Alloy Art XR Touring Stablizer

Yep, it sucks when you are cruising into a turn and it feels like your back tire is flat. I fixed mine by installing a Alloy Art Touring XR Stabilizer. I bought the polished version for just about $400. and it has definately improved the handling and just about eliminated the rear steer condition that I had before I installed this kit. IMHO, Harley should sell their dresser bikes with this kit installed from factory as you shouldn't have to pay any amount just to be able to drive your bike safely as the rear steer condition on their rubber mounted dressers make this bike unsafe at speed. MY $.02 worth. Oh and here is the link to the one I installed on my 08 Ultra
Alloy Art XR Touring Stablizer

Does the Alloy Art lower ground clearance at all i saw that one the other day and thought the ideal of the vented bracket was a little better

But I also thought it looked like ti would cost you some ground clearance

I must not be riding my Glide hard enough. I've read all about this rear steer thing and I have no idea what it is or what it feels like. Hopefully I will remain blissfully ignorant.

I must not be riding my Glide hard enough. I've read all about this rear steer thing and I have no idea what it is or what it feels like. Hopefully I will remain blissfully ignorant.

I with you Doc. And I ride mine a bit hard from ytime to time even two

For some reason, it doesn't happen to everybody which is a good thing but I had a blowout and crashed a few months ago and that feeling I was having almost every time I was out on the big road passing a big rig left me with a real uneasy feeling and has made me have to stop to check the tires numerous times. Now , with this kit installed I am enjoying my ride more than before and the bike tracks nice and straight.

*** And in regards to ground clearance, It doesn't seem to affect it at all. ***

I have the TWR missing link. It doesn't decrease ground clearance at all. I bought it on a group buy for $330 shipping included. It's really a nice peice and does a great job of keeping the back wheel stable.

I'll post the link in another message. My psot cound is not high enough to post a link.

One more post. Now I think I can post a link on my next message.

Okay, here's the link for the TMR Missing Link.

Missing Link Stabilizer Kits

Back