free website stats program Avoid Buying A Bike That Has Been In A Wreck? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Avoid Buying A Bike That Has Been In A Wreck?

The price would have to be right for ME to buy a bike that has been wrecked twice, is the title clear? Will the dealer offer any kind of warranty including an extended warranty?

my self i just picked up 07 ultra ,salvage title had hd check over and ride all ok saved 9k on deal,being a wrench all my life i fail to see a problem,my thought is if you kn:eamow youre way around a toolbox no better way to get to know the bike

Cheers to everyone for their input. I'm definitely going to pass on the bike. I don't have the background to be able to tinker on the bike if I had to.
The seller was asking close to $11k on an '09 dyna & title was still clean.

Cheers to everyone for their input. I'm definitely going to pass on the bike. I don't have the background to be able to tinker on the bike if I had to.
The seller was asking close to $11k on an '09 dyna & title was still clean.

Good decision. Price would have to be real low to make the risk worthwhile.

If repairs are done correctly there is no risk. People buy restored and repaired cars all the time. As long as done right and its safe there really isn't an issue unless frame damage has occurred

Usually if the bike has any kind of frame damage the bike is considered totaled. HD doesn't fix the damage parts on a bike they replace them with brand new HD OEM parts. As long as the bike rides and performs like it was never in a accident then there should be no problem buying a bike like that, a big seller for me would be if the owner has a HD extended warranty and how much time is left on the extended warranty, if the bike has the extended warranty then I would make sure it is transferred to me upon purchase.

Back