free website stats program ...at my wits end! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

...at my wits end!

Wolfpack, I really don't know which way it would be. Can make a good argument either way. Would be worth asking Ronnie's directly, explaining you have both the bike and existing title, and double checking with your Motor Vehicle Dept. on how you should proceed. There must be a way as custom builders put existing engines in new frames.

Just curious, but why do you need a new frame?

Welcome from So. Texas. I think you use to be able to buy a new neck with your VIN on it from HD. I believe you had to send your old one in first though plus proof of ownership. I would check with a dealer/Ronnie's or who ever first before cutting my old one off. I could be wrong on this though.
tourbox

I also want to know why the OP needs a new frame. I must assume, always dangerous, that the bike was involved in an accident and someone has declared the bike a total loss because the frame is bent??? Most dealers will so declare total loss based on a damaged frame and many times the damage is nothing more than a bent tab. A common practice for dealers that don't have a dedicated "crash" guy as it is much easier to declare a total loss and maybe get a new bike sale out of the deal.

A "salvage" or "special construction" title is not good for resale. All can be avoided if the OPs frame can be repaired. IIRC, dealers charge 18 hours to R/R all parts, etc. from a damaged frame to a new frame; probably the same to R/R from a damaged frame to the same repaired frame, or less, considering that everything on the bike with the damaged frame may not have to be R/Rd to make the frame repair.

Wolfpack, please tell us why you think a new frame is required.;)

Back