free website stats program ...at my wits end! | Harley Davidson Forums

...at my wits end!

Wolfpack66

Hey everyone, this is my first time being on a forum because I have always been able to solve my issues with a little digging but this issue has proven itself worthy of frustration and disappointment time and again. I have a 2008 fltr road glide in need of a frame. Does anyone know what the differences are in frames and years because it seems the 2008 road glide frame is different than all other frames and/or what years and frames I could use in place of my original year if possible. If anyone knows a good place to buy a frame, please tell because I have had no luck in the past year fulfilling this goal. Thanks for all the help everyone.

The 2018 touring bikes all come with brand new frames.....:D
Just kiddin' with ya'. I was under the impression the "touring models" from each respective year were all built on the same platform. If that's true, you would have a number of bikes to choose from that would match your needs.
Welcome aboard, and good luck. I'm sure others will chime in with a more definitive answer.

2008 was a strange 1 year only model. I don't know exactly what differences are shared with earlier or later models. I do know that Road Glide frames are the same part number (within a year) as other touring frames. I would google "Harley salvage yards" and start calling.

Thank you all for your replies. If anyone can think of anything or or anywhere else please keep me posted. I’ve been dealing with this is for a year now. SilverFoXD, I will look into Ronnie’s HD for sure. $2200 isn’t that far off salvaged totaled prices. Sounds like a deal to just to have my bike back.

SilveFoXD, will I have to get a new vin number with that frame or do I need to have my neck fabricated back together. I don’t mind the new vin if it means less work in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back