free website stats program Are Windsheild.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Are Windsheild....

my heritage has a screen and the buffetting from under the screen can be quite tiresome, it can be corrected with lowers ...

Besides lowers. Any advice on stopping buffeting? I have a 2006 Dyna Street Bob and a quick release 17" Memphis Slim. I have not ridden with it yet. But riding 2000 miles the days after I install it. If I get buffetted for 5 days I may explode. And ditching the shield beside the road is not an option.

Besides lowers. Any advice on stopping buffeting? I have a 2006 Dyna Street Bob and a quick release 17" Memphis Slim. I have not ridden with it yet. But riding 2000 miles the days after I install it. If I get buffetted for 5 days I may explode. And ditching the shield beside the road is not an option.
Once you've done the 2000 miles you will not want to ditch the shield. You might want to remove it when you do a proper clean before he winter but that's it.
You might have noticed that all the guys here that have a shield are very happy with it and would not want to be without. Now what does that tell you?

I've had both fairing and windshield on my bike the fairing is much better at keeping the wind down, I personaly only use the fairing in the winter. Wind in the face and all that crap, I guess

I doubt if anything you buy from HD for your bike is worth the money because they could probably sell it for half as much and make mony but that's the price for owning a Harley. But for me, my windsheild was the best overpriced item I've put on my bike. It will come off in just a few seconds, but I doubt if I'll ever take it off.

Today I caught my first bird in my short time riding. It is now obvious why a windshield is a good idea. That little feathered missile scored a direct hit right to my adams apple, right in between my full face helmet and my leather jacket.
What a bell ringer.

Today I caught my first bird in my short time riding. It is now obvious why a windshield is a good idea. That little feathered missile scored a direct hit right to my adams apple, right in between my full face helmet and my leather jacket.
What a bell ringer.

I caught one on the forehead at the beach a while ago from a seagull, you talk about a wake up call :yeahright

Thanks Everyone. You fellows have talked me into it. But instead of a Harley .
I went to a indy shop. I ordered a Memphis Shade. It is one of the sport models . 225.00 complete. Looks better than harleys item. Its black tinted at bottom. Hey saved over a 100.00 bucks. When i get it on maybe i try to post a pic.

Not trying to dissuade you here, but check the mounts on both shields. The MOCO mounts are much more substantial than some other brands. Just a heads up.

Good luck in either case and post a pic when you get it.

The windshield will still let you feel the wind but it wont wear you out as fast! My biggest reason for a windshield though was the fact that my ears couldnt handle the wind noise! That was on my last bike. Now i have a fairing and its even better!

Back