free website stats program Are these the top of the line? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Are these the top of the line?

I love my 99 roadking but I do reach for the handlebars some causing some back pain and harley elbow sometimes "I've had back surgery" so looking now to find a set of bars that will eliminate this but haven't been able to find what I want yet, any suggestions?:rolleyes:

I have Heritage bars from the softail line on my '01 RK. The RK Police bars are a couple of inches taller than the Heritage bars. Each of these bars use standard cables, so no big deal to change.

G'day all!

I ride an 07 Roadking classic & love it! she is perfect! I do not have one single solitary complaint about my machine!

Depending upon body size / shape you may need to make some modification to any motorcycle. I guess I was just lucky im 5ft9 and my Roadie fits me perfectly.

RK

I have a rk custom. I love it. For the money there isn't a more versitile machine. Dress it up with the windsheild and backrest/toupack for long rides. And strip it down for a blvd cruiser. I love it. I just added the apes, and I love it even more now!

I have a rk custom. I love it. For the money there isn't a more versitile machine. Dress it up with the windsheild and backrest/toupack for long rides. And strip it down for a blvd cruiser. I love it. I just added the apes, and I love it even more now!

I have an '07 Road King, I went to this after having a 1100 Shadow, while the honda was a little stronger off the line, the RK is ten times easier to ride, the honda always seemed to fight me in corners and was a complete bitch to shift. The RK is just smooth as silk and VERY comfortable.

Last edited:
Buddy, these are great bikes...Buying my dresser was the best decision I have made in a long time. One of those life reaffirming decisions that bring anabashed joy to your life sort of things...

Another Michigan biker here...

HardridinGal: After market handle bars and seat will relieve those problems for you as they did for me. I have never,ever regretted getting my Ultra!!

Roadking standard for me striped down with 16" apes very comfee choice of tires makes a differance to

Top of the line who cares good enough for me :x

I was looking through and these look to be the most expensive bikes that Harley sells, am I correct? They look like they would be very comfortable bikes, and look like they would be great for long rides. I wonder why I haven't seen more of them on the roads?

Ya, I guess they probably are amongst the most expensive bikes Harley manufactures but they are not for everyone as they may lack the 'cool' factor that a younger rider might be looking for in a Dyna style for example.

Myself, being in my mid 50's now and even though I don't do any tour riding I still wanted a bike that offered comfort when I do ride. I was initally intimidated by the size and weight of the RK until I saw this '02 I have and was able to take it for a test ride before buying. There is a bit of a learning curve with it insofar as remembering to hold it up straight when stopped so the weight doesn't allow it to fall over on it's side if you happen to let it lean a little too far and getting used to the mass when negotiating slow tight turns but aside from that on the road it handles and feels very well.

One of the common issues seems to do with finding the right handlebars to suit the individual rider and I'm finding this out also. Mine has beach bars which were put on by the previous owner and I want to have them changed before spring. I looked at a couple of bikes with the stock RK handlebars and they appeared not to be high enough and/or not enough pull-back so I'm doing a little research on the RK 'high bars' or Heritage bars that some others have switched to, it's just to find a couple of RK's with either of these types installed and sit on them to get the feel.

Anyway, I'm satisfied with my RK and as far as I'm concerned now this will be my last bike.

Tom

I too have a touring bike and love the way it rides. Spending many many hours on my Road Glide, I become grumpy when the weather does not permit riding (it is snowing as I write).
I may get myself a Road Glide next year, I like the frame mounted fairing much better for the way I ride. Maybe even do a 124ci build on it just for fun. :s

My '07 FLHTC is absolutely the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. It just begs to be ridden. I headed out to a grocery store that is three blocks from my house and ended up riding more than 50 miles. Sorta took the long way around.

John

Back