free website stats program are the 2009 streetglides that much better | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

are the 2009 streetglides that much better

Nice ride skratch we need pics of that paint in the sun when it pops again. Congrats.:cheers

Moderators - please remove this thread before it ends up costing me a bunch of money!!! :D

Doc, if this helps I rode an 09 the other day and I truly like my 07 better(maybe because it's mine):D

Had a 07 UC but traded for the 09 UC in Jan this year. I found it to be a much better ride. More torque, less heat and did not need to add xied wires from KightRider to cheat the lean fuel mix. Last summer I had to take the lowers off to ride in the heat. So far this year 95 deg with lowers and still a great ride. Found it much better in the corners and improved stability at 85 plus mph.

Just bought a 2009' last week, dealers will ditch the freight and prep easy. You have to talk the talk, and they usually work with you. I got my 09' with some extras' included. Anyways I just wanted to say that I have never been interested in a touring model until I saw the 09' street glide. It just drew me in and I couldn't resist. Such is life... Go for a 09' if you can afford it. I think the new back end and the new frame give you some good benefits. Not to mention the new bike warranty. Good Luck,

Now that I have had my 09 SG for a couple of weeks and have ridden it every day, I would have to agree that the 09 is DEFINITELY worth the investment. It is a new machine all-around, and is better than I ever imagined it would be. It's AMAZING to ride and all the upgrades are VERY noticeable.

If you can swing it, it's worth the difference in price in my humble opinion.

The only negative thing is that due to the popularity of the SG's, I am under the impression that dealer's don't "deal" too much on these models. If you don't snatch one up, someone else will- and the dealers know that. There are LOTS of good deals out there on other models- especially now that the 09 model year is winding down (new ones come out in August, I believe), but not on the SG.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Back