free website stats program Are SuperGlides THE Best Bikes Ever? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Are SuperGlides THE Best Bikes Ever?

i just recently got my first big twin,a 2010 FXDC & i agree it is the best bike i've ever owned i just love it.
my only problem is i don't have any more cash put some forwards & pipes etc' on it.

Willie G certainly stumbled onto a GREAT idea marrying a FX front end to a BIG twin chassis. IMO the Superglide is THE best platform for NEW product development and The entry level Big Twin:s

You got me thinking now Jack. So when down sizing this would be the ticket.
I am sure the ride quality would be very good then, and the power outstanding.

I bought my 2012 SGC last year. Cant say its THE best bike ever, but I really enjoy mine. Quick, nimble, plenty of power (EDIT)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my 2012 SGC last year. Cant say its THE best bike ever, but I really enjoy mine. Quick, nimble, plenty of power and the girls really like a ride on a**********...:D

Need to review rules of the forum. We have a lot of female Members who will take offense to your disrespectful language. There are other forums that will tolerate language like that but not here!!!!!!!!! A Mod should be along soon to clean up post...

I love my 87 FXRS, but is there something better? Nothing I've ever rode, but that isn't saying much. I've got a sportster I've never heard run. My dad has a honda vtx 1800s, I think that's by far the worst bike I've ridden. To be fair I'm more used to the low end torque of my FXRS. I rode a yz250 that had more torque than that vtx. I've never ridden another harley, so I have nothing to compare it to. :dknow

I think so! After owning two Electra Glides, a Road King, three Sportsters, and two Super Glides, I missed my Super Glide the most! So much so, that I traded my Road King for a Super Glide Custom. To me, they're the PERFECT motorcycle! Any one else agree?

at least Top Shelf! I love the superglide...My main ride now FLHTCUSE2 and it very nice... I still have access to the superglide and enjoy it still...for my money dollar for dollar there is not even a contest...DYNA! :s

I think so! After owning two Electra Glides, a Road King, three Sportsters, and two Super Glides, I missed my Super Glide the most! So much so, that I traded my Road King for a Super Glide Custom. To me, they're the PERFECT motorcycle! Any one else agree?

I've owned two Dyna Super Glides in the past. Last year decided I'd buy a new Fatboy. I've always liked the looks of the Softail Fatboy.

While the Fatboy is a great ride - I miss the Super Glides. I miss the distinctive engine sound, and the tossabililty of the Dyna. Kind of like the Fatboy is a Cadillac, and the Super Glide is a Miata!

Would I buy another Softail over the Dyna.....I don't think so. But at my age, this Fatboy will have to do it for me.

Got to say that while I really like my 99Ultra, getting on my '82 FXR is a great riding experience. I picked the FXR up a few years ago on Ebay after a two year search. Put about $500 into it and have enjoyed it ever since. For a shovel, it has no leaks and good oil pressure. In short a fun ride.....

Back