free website stats program Apple vending machine | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Apple vending machine

How about a Coke machine that actually had cold water in it to keep the pop cold. Put in a nickel and move the bottle around to the opening and lift it out. Probably was an 8 ounce bottle.

I remember we had party phone lines when I was a kid, (in the 60's) we had to wait until people using the phone were done, so we could use the phone. We had 4 family's sharing that line and there was a lot of listening to each others conversations going on.....But I didn't do that.......lol I still remember that phone number but can't remember why I went out to my shop yesterday.

Yes, soda fountains with bar stools they were in my small town too, (population 2500) we would walk after school, if we had a little change in our pocket. It was a big deal to me to get a root beer or ice cream cone for, like a dime and talk to my buddies. The girls would stay at one end, us boys at the other. lol Certainly a different world today, for all of us isn't it?

Oh man now I remember the food counter in Woolworths. A plate of fries and a vanilla or cherry coke when I was a kid was Heaven!

Anybody remember the popcorn vending machine, fresh and hot in a paper bag, they were various places along route 66 in Howard Johnson's and maybe elsewhere. We were headed across country from NH to Long Beach along 66 on our way to Guam in '57.

Back