free website stats program Apple vending machine | Harley Davidson Forums

Apple vending machine

liquid_wrench

Was watching American restoration on tv tonight, and he had an apple vending machine to restore. Can't say I've ever saw one of those, 5 cent per apple....lol. I do remember the old peanut dispensers with the glass top and how about those old bottle coke machines for 15 cents? Or maybe the candy bar machines? I better stop now I'm showing my age. lol What machines do you guys and gals remember?

It's ok to show your age, just remember what the alternative is, LOL. Good stroll down memory lane, it cost 10 cents to go to the movies and if you had a quarter you could get popcorn and a drink. Real old telephones you had to crank and go thru the operator.

High-Low grocery store had a steamed hot dog with bun,in store, a nickel,and a pop fer a dime.As a kid, for the same amount as a gumball machine,you had a meal!

Not so much a machine, but I haven't seen dill pickles in a barrel in ages, and the old men would play checkers on it.

Anyone remember those balloon machines , spend a couple of bucks and you could put 2 together to make a hat.
Use to see them in the bathroom down at the dive bars.

Back in maybe '94 my wife worked for a vending company. We took a trip and ended up in southern Ks by the Neosho River or something like that. Did a brake lockup in the rental we were driving because we saw a Bait Vending machine at a gas station. That was a first for us. And I can remember when I was young we had a crank style phone on the wall too.

Ah, those were the days weren't they? Back when things were sooo much simpler.
I lived in a little town in NH back then, the first phone # I remember was 2 letters and 3 numbers. The local drug stores all had soda fountains with bar stools.

I remember we had party phone lines when I was a kid, (in the 60's) we had to wait until people using the phone were done, so we could use the phone. We had 4 family's sharing that line and there was a lot of listening to each others conversations going on.....But I didn't do that.......lol I still remember that phone number but can't remember why I went out to my shop yesterday.

I lived in a little town in NH back then, the first phone # I remember was 2 letters and 3 numbers. The local drug stores all had soda fountains with bar stools.
Yes, soda fountains with bar stools they were in my small town too, (population 2500) we would walk after school, if we had a little change in our pocket. It was a big deal to me to get a root beer or ice cream cone for, like a dime and talk to my buddies. The girls would stay at one end, us boys at the other. lol Certainly a different world today, for all of us isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in maybe '94 my wife worked for a vending company. We took a trip and ended up in southern Ks by the Neosho River or something like that. Did a brake lockup in the rental we were driving because we saw a Bait Vending machine at a gas station. That was a first for us. And I can remember when I was young we had a crank style phone on the wall too.
First time I saw those couldn't believe it,wasn't gonna buy em,but my cousin did all the time,I don't know how,but all the fish were alive and kickin.

Back