free website stats program Ape Hangers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ape Hangers

Rewind , here what my 06 FLSTC/I looked like with 16'' wild 1 1 1/4"chubby's with stock risers. and they did nor hit the windshield very close though. these were on the bike when I bought it . I did not like them, My shoulders hurt and my jacket was like a Parachute. i switched to 518 wild 1 bars with a nice pull back and 4" risers.

better photo,

Attachments

• wild 1 chubby's apes.bmp
    789.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Memphis Shades windshield on it now, and after looking at it I don't think it will cause any problems. I only use it on longer trips.What size apes are those? Having it all in one kit makes it nice.

11 inch. Fat Mini-Ape Handlebar, HD Part Number 56832-04. It lists everything needed for specific applications.

Rewind, sorry no I sold them. I did like the angle of the hadle area. Perfect fit, they just hurt my upper back between the shoulders. be aware some states will hassel you with 16" or taller apes. I think the rule of thumb is No higher that your shoulders and some states have a hight max in ". Ca used to have the no higher than your shoulders but they changed it ot no limit.

I've read where apes hit the windshield on a FLSTC, don't know the height that it happens, but something to consider (if you use your w.s.). Also if you don't use the w.s. you are basically a "sail", and might tire from fighting the wind. Your mileage may vary.

I have a Memphis Shades windshield on it now, and after looking at it I don't think it will cause any problems. I only use it on longer trips.

I am in the process of putting "fat mini-apes" on my Fatboy. I ordered the bars, wiring extension, cables, brake lines, etc. from HD; mainly because I could look in the catalog and it listed everything needed for the complete install. My buddy has similar bars on his Road King with a quick release windshield and likes them.

What size apes are those? Having it all in one kit makes it nice.

I'll keep that in mind. I better see if there are any laws in my state about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put 16 inch chubbies on my 2009 FXSTC and I like them. I saw where someone had a pain between thier shoulder blades, I had that problem as well but it went away after a week or so. My hands were getting somewhat numb but I guess I've gotten used to it. I don't really notice it any longer. I purchased the bars pre-wired and with the correct length cables installed and did the work myself. Smitty is right, it was not cheap. There is a thread here somewhere on my installation process. I tried to document it, thinking it may help someone else who has never done it.

Here in Brazil, there are no lows about the Ape Hangers' height.

In more 4 posts, i've been able to post pictures of them in my 2006 FLSTI.

Regards

Back