free website stats program Ape Hangers | Harley Davidson Forums

Ape Hangers

Rewind

I'm thinking of putting some 16 to 18 inch ape hangers on my Heritage. Anyone got input on these?

J&P Cycles has the necessary extension wiring kits for the controls, you may need longer hydralic front brake hose (got time to go the smaller but stiffer sheathed metal braided ones (use telflon hose that is very stiff for firm feel at the lever), and possibly throttle cables. Just take your time and measure with cloth tape carefully, and add a couple inches so if you turn the steering lock to lock there is no binding.

Thank you for your input, guys!!

Any ideas on what your going with?

Not sure yet. I've got a buddy that has some 12" mini apes.....and I've already got some 4" risers on the bike. I'm going to mock up his bars on my risers and see how I like that height and go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure yet. I've got a buddy that has some 12" mini apes.....and I've already got some 4" risers on the bike. I'm going to mock up his bars on my risers and see how I like that height and go from there.

post a pic of them if you can.

I've read where apes hit the windshield on a FLSTC, don't know the height that it happens, but something to consider (if you use your w.s.). Also if you don't use the w.s. you are basically a "sail", and might tire from fighting the wind. Your mileage may vary.

I am in the process of putting "fat mini-apes" on my Fatboy. I ordered the bars, wiring extension, cables, brake lines, etc. from HD; mainly because I could look in the catalog and it listed everything needed for the complete install. My buddy has similar bars on his Road King with a quick release windshield and likes them.

Here in Missouri our laws restrict us from exceeding 16"...but seem em higher and ask if the police ever bother them and they said no..a friends has the 16 inch on a Heritage and a great look..he ask me to try it out and to my surprise was pretty comfortable..i have the 9' mini Apes coz the position it puts my hands coz i got the CT ...

Here in Missouri our laws restrict us from exceeding 16"...but seem em higher and ask if the police ever bother them and they said no..a friends has the 16 inch on a Heritage and a great look..he ask me to try it out and to my surprise was pretty comfortable..i have the 9' mini Apes coz the position it puts my hands coz i got the CT ...

Hey FD - ? for ya --- how do the -- 9' mini apes ---- fit???

hahahaha!!!! just ribbin' ya Dan!!!!

Back