free website stats program anyone with windshield experience on a V-Rod? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

anyone with windshield experience on a V-Rod?

I know you already got your windshield, but I just wanted to mention another option for anyone else with a v-rod. You could get a fairing from Corbin. It redirects the wind, and I think looks cool on the bike. They paint it to go exactly with the original color. I'm thinking of getting a v-rod, and will go this route when if I do.:)

I put on one recommended by the dealer (it was in the HD catalog) It works great but is not detachable. My bike is an '08 night rod that has a headlight shield. Becuase of this I had to put the brackets on backwards to get it to fit. PIA to get it on, but once in place it makes a big difference at 100+mph! K.

It's the customshield model from MRA, cost me €115, here's the link

Works like a charm, isn't too big, easily adjustable, not exactly quickly detachable but detachable with simple tools.

more pics of it mounted

Sorry, couldn't be that helpful with windshield experience, but in the U.S. HD, Memphis, National Cycle and Windvest are very popular, but are probably quite pricey where you are. Glad you found one that was suitable, it looks good and certainly a reasonable price with local customer support there. :s

I just ordered one from the H-D dealer part number 57109-01 Super Sport Windshield for VRSCA Models for my 08 model. I saw one on a bike a couple of months ago and liked it. The owner said it worked well. Should be in this wek.

I have a windshield on my Street Rod which works very well. Provides great protection from the wind, especially at high speed. Makes it possible to hold on very easily without too much stress when travelling at highway speeds for long periods. Have tried it out at 110mph...no problem. Don't know though how it works in heavy rain. Does provide cover/protection for the chest in light rain.

In general, I think a windshield in well worth having, especially if youre going to do a lot of long rides in cold weather.

Back