free website stats program anyone with windshield experience on a V-Rod? | Harley Davidson Forums

anyone with windshield experience on a V-Rod?

vrodtomi

I sometimes opt for a highway stretch before I get to the backroad I'm really looking forward to and the wind gets a bit much around 100mph for anything longer than... a second ;) anyone out there with a windshield on a v-rod? I'm thinking something smaller and detachable so I can take it off easily... Does it make any difference? Any difference in the rain? Seen any that actually look good on the v-rod? :33:

:D that's funny always knew there was a good reason to join this forum ;) I like a good monologue every now and then...

Didn't want to wait too long as I'm planning this cool ride to Sardinia this coming weekend and I'll probably do a stretch on the highway first... 160 get's you there faster than 120 and that's the speed that's comfortable with the windscreen now so I'm very happy! Plus cheap - €115, the customshield model from MRA

Catalog

Can't tell you how many people told me a windshield would "look horrible" on a Sporty. But I love what it does and frankly I can't see how it looks when I'm riding, just how it feels. Also was told to get rid of my sissy bar as it spoils the look of a sport bike,But what would I attach my sissy bar bag to?.(I need a place for my stuff,don't I)I ride for the pleasure it gives me,not someone who is looking at me.

Yeah you're absolutely right - managed a 400 mile trip in 6 hours coming back from Sardinia Wednesday, and there's no way I could have done it without the windshield. Completely got used to the looks too so I'm happy all around! Really helps with the insects and rain also.

yeah smitty901 but I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifice half of my horsepower to lug all that extra luggage along ;) but thanks for the tip

My minimal fairing takes the whole pressure off of my upper body and 50% off of my helmet and like I said, it was a pain to ride at 130 before (80mph), but now I easily ride up to 160 (100) or even more. But I imagine I could set a drink in the cup holder with the fairing on your picture :)

It's the customshield model from MRA, cost me €115, here's the link

Works like a charm, isn't too big, easily adjustable, not exactly quickly detachable but detachable with simple tools.

more pics of it mounted

Attachments

• IMG_3827.jpg
    IMG_3827.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3756.jpg
    IMG_3756.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:
Back