free website stats program Anyone Tried These Valve Stems? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone Tried These Valve Stems?

I bought these, Solid Billet Motorcycle Tire Valves! 82° Stem, just waiting to change my tires in the fall.

I forgot these existed. I wish I had a pair on both my bikes. Oh, well, if I remember, I will order some.

These little things kind of remind me of little inventions like Speedbleeders...

I know how difficult it is to check or air the tires up. I wonder why the tire installers have never in 25 years of riding recommended anything but O.E. type valve stems. I wonder if a liability is the reason.

In the mean time --- does anyone make a stem extension to use to check air pressure and add if needed???? One that could just screw on and unscrew off when complete?

Bill

In the mean time --- does anyone make a stem extension to use to check air pressure and add if needed???? One that could just screw on and unscrew off when complete?

Bill

Steel would be the best extenders to use though you will want to remove them after servicing tires. You would not want them to start to leak while riding.

Bill

In the mean time, I just bought a "ball foot air chuck" (Tractor Supply Store for about 5 bucks) which makes filling the stock stem pretty easy (well, easier anyway...). Just look it up on google and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's at about a 90 degree angle and a very small head to fit in between the brakes and the stem. That being said, I'm getting 90 degree stems at the next tire change. My old Honda had them, and they just make things so much easier.

Back