free website stats program Anyone Tried These Valve Stems? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone Tried These Valve Stems?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I know I don't check my tire pressures as often as I should. The main reason is because the perfectly vertical stems are so awfully hard to get at hiding behind the brake rotors at the most frustrating angle the engineers could possibly have devised!

There was a short write up in the most recent AMA magazine about these valve stems and I'm wondering if anyone's tried them, or a similar product, and had any comments:

Mixed MEDIA/Sound RIDER!: TV25 84 Degree Tire Valve Stem - FREE SHIPPING!

Whoever the engineer was that came up with these straight up vertical valve stems, should be shot. How dumb was that??? I have a digital air gauge I use for my cage, but it won't fit on the bikes stems no matter where I rotate the tire. Even a small old style gauge is hard to get in there, as is the air hose if air is needed. I thought maybe it was just the fancy wheels that came on this bike that was causing the problem, but it sounds like its on all of them. DOH!!!!!! :(

Whoever the engineer was that came up with these straight up vertical valve stems, should be shot. How dumb was that??? I have a digital air gauge I use for my cage, but it won't fit on the bikes stems no matter where I rotate the tire. Even a small old style gauge is hard to get in there, as is the air hose if air is needed. I thought maybe it was just the fancy wheels that came on this bike that was causing the problem, but it sounds like its on all of them. DOH!!!!!! :(

Years ago I purchased an angled adapter at an RV store (apparently the huge RV's have the same problem) that solves the "angle" problem, but you can't leave it on permanently or it hits the brake caliper housing. So every time I check or add air, I have to screw this adapter on first, do my checks, and then take it off.

Definitely replacing my valve stems on the next tire change!

I had the 84 degree valve stems on my last bike, 2011 Limited, and I loved them! They worked great and checking pressure, or adding air, is a breeze. I agree with everyone else about the serious design flaw, especially in the front tires, of some of the Harley touring models. I don't think you could make it any more inconvenient if you tried! I just bought a new bike, and won't need the valve stems for a while, but I went ahead and bought a pair from SoundRider yesterday as their price was so good, and I'll have them when I need them. Anybody with a late model UC or UL, that doesn't have these valve stems, is making a huge mistake....best $20 you'll ever spend....trust me.....

Last edited:
Back