free website stats program Anyone put a lift table in the ground? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone put a lift table in the ground?

I don't think that these lifts would support the weight of a car being driven over it, especialy the non commercial grade lifts.
kemo

I don't think that these lifts would support the weight of a car being driven over it, especialy the non commercial grade lifts.
kemo

Not sure but I think what he meant was having a couple of thick wood planks in order to lift the car a few inches. (to get ground clearance for the steel bike lift)

Not sure but I think what he meant was having a couple of thick wood planks in order to lift the car a few inches. (to get ground clearance for the steel bike lift)

That's what I meant.
I was thinking of some 3/16" diamond plate, 24" by 8' with a sub frame out of wood and some 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 3/16 angle to wrap the edges. Add some chunks of 6x6 timber.

Not as pretty/engineered as the recessed floor idea, just different and mobile.

I'm guessing that you have 3 vehicles? Is one of them a truck or offroad vehicle that you could just park over the lift? I don't want to sound insulting, it's just that sometimes the simplest answer gets overlooked.

However, parking a vehicle over a lift is not as cool as having it built in or stored overhead.

I'm guessing that you have 3 vehicles? Is one of them a truck or offroad vehicle that you could just park over the lift? I don't want to sound insulting, it's just that sometimes the simplest answer gets overlooked.

However, parking a vehicle over a lift is not as cool as having it built in or stored overhead.

Probably not as cool but it would worry the (EDIT) out of me with the weight of that lift suspended above my car.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I am going to go with the highest raising good quality lift available. Cutting the floor and framing in the recess should not be that hard I moved a toilet a few years ago and installed a new shower and floor drain where there was none and it still works to this day :) . I think I will buy the lift and then make a few drawings of how it might work and what I might need in the future. I could have a small recessed box to connect and disconnect the air. When I start it next spring I will post some pics of the process. Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Have a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving.

In the US if you have a pit in your garage you are asking for trouble when you go to sell the property. Just make sure, you may want to fill it in, if you ever sell the house.

But I would not call it a pit in that it's only what 3 inch below the 4 in slab. It would be easy to fill in.

Back