free website stats program Anyone Live in a Gated Community? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone Live in a Gated Community?

Hello mate, so the primary chain adjuster is most likely out of adjustment. who is doing your service work.? You may want to let them know at the next service your n issue. So if you have a newer bike like 17-18 and up you most likely have the auto adjuster it can get really tight if you really romp on it. so primary fluid and clutch adjustment should be set at every service. The adjustment only takes little time. hope it helps.

Thank you for your advice. I truly believe it's an inherent problem with the Energy One Extra Plate kit. I spoke with Kent at Energy One and told him I had a stiction problem with the Primary Plus I was running in the Primary. He suggested draining it as hot as I could and then refilling it with B&M Trick Shift. I did and while I was at it checked the chain deflection and actually did find it a bit loose. I had replaced the 1st Generation HD Automatic Adjuster with the stock manual one when I installed the clutch. I had tried a Alto Extra Plate clutch kit and was having major problems. So Energy One asked me to try theirs. I also removed at that time the Reduced Effort Clutch Ramps and Diaphragm Spring. So, long story trying to be short, the difference is day and night. The more I ride it with the B&M Trick Shift the more I smile. It's like new again. Or at least what I can remember. LOL! I miss the reduced effort clutch pull though, especially in heavy traffic! I'm currently running a 260 lb Diaphragm Spring and only about 28 oz of the B&M fluid believing there was a bit of the Primary Plus left inside after draining. I have to set my clutch adjustment to only 1/8th turn out after contact on the adjuster screw and about 1/8" free play at the lever to cable housing. And this is normal according to Energy One. Neutral is still a bit elusive but I can sometimes get it from 1st. My main concern now is lubrication of the Compensator with the ATF.

Thought I'd share this with you as it's worth a laugh. Update on my issue getting through the gate. I got inventive. I discovered today if I pull up to the mag reader as close as I can to where its right beside me I can hold the front brake (because it's on a slight incline) and then stand up and push my butt towards it then it reads my card in my wallet. Imagine what that looks like. I had a huge grin that it worked too!

You should have the wife follow and video this than add music and post it here for us to watch.

Back