free website stats program Anyone installed a Power Pulley? | Harley Davidson Forums

Anyone installed a Power Pulley?

flh canuck

Was just thumbing through one of my latest motorcycle publications and came across an advertisement for a Power Pulley from Andrews Products. According to the ad, it has 30 teeth versus the stock 32 teeth for '07 and '08 models.

My '08 Electraglide is geared a little too tall for my liking, especially when starting out in first gear with a loaded down machine.

This might fix the concern with tall gearing on my motorcycle and just wondering if anyone else has tried this on their motorcycle?

Most of those pulleys are solid centers and do away with the compensator function (not a good thing) . The 09 bikes went to a larger rear pulley to do the same thing.

Thanks Glider.

I forgot to mention that from the photograph in the advertisement, the pulley I was looking at appeared to be a front pulley for the final belt drive. I think those are normally a solid pulley.

Of course, that being said, I wonder if a reduction of two teeth on the final drive pulley would make much of a difference...

Different story then, they are a solid pulley. I don't know if a 2 tooth reduction would require a new belt or not. Replacing a belt is a rather involved job but if you were replacing the pulley, you're half way there then.

Check the fitment of the 09 rear (wheel) pulley.

I will have to check into the '09 rear pulley as it would be a whole lot easier than replacing the front pulley.

From what I have read, the IDS is now an integral part of the rear wheel on the '09 models but don't know if that also means a change in the actual pulley design and compatability with an '08 wheel.

I may have to take a trip down to see the parts guy at my friendly Harley dealer and do some investigation..... :D

You'll gain a little from the pulley change but it isn't worth tearing your primary apart just for that! If you had a reason to go in there that's different :s

I have a related question:
Glider mentioned the compensator mechanism on the front cog of the primary chain drive.
I have wondered two things about the compensator.

First, what the heck is it for, and what does it "compensate" for?
Second, could it possibly contribute to the clackety-clack racket that twin cam engines make?

Anyone know?
Rod

I have a related question:
Glider mentioned the compensator mechanism on the front cog of the primary chain drive.
I have wondered two things about the compensator.

First, what the heck is it for, and what does it "compensate" for?
Second, could it possibly contribute to the clackety-clack racket that twin cam engines make?

Anyone know?
Rod

Doesn't anybody look at all the work I did in the self help forums any more? :D

Compensator Sprocket - Harley Davidson Community

Oops, sorry Glider, I forgot to check the self-help.

The explanation in there is great, and makes a lot of sense.
So if a peson suspects that the compensator might be making noise I guess if would be smart to remove the outer chain cover and check it for torque?

Rod

Back