free website stats program Any tips for riding two up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Any tips for riding two up

I would add 6. No one rides that aint at least as pretty as my wife! 7. No men!

I have made it through the years with a minimum of rules for passengers.
1. Do not try to get on or off until driver tells you to. EVER!
2. Keep torso in line with driver in turns and curves.
3. Tell driver before you make a position change.
4. Relax and enjoy the ride.
5. - 10. Quit banging your helmet into mine.:newsmile100:

Extremely important!!

I've almost dumped the bike when a passenger has decided to get on/off when I wasn't ready for them.

I'll ditto that one - had an old girlfriend that hopped onto the side peg to get on when I wasn't ready for her...nearly brought the bike and my back to it's knees..

Much the same at what everyone else has said. I ride mostly two up. Me and my wife. When I take a new passanger out I show them what is hot and where their feet go. Then give the speech. I will get on first and I will tell you when to get on. You will get off first and I will tell you when to get off. Don't try to put your feet down at a stop sign, even if you think we are going to fall over just keep your feet up on the boards (pegs). Bikes lean when they turn. All you need to do is sit still and look over my inside shoulder. That is all the moving you need to do in trun.
As for you, make sure you adjust your suspension and tire presure for two up. It will take longer to stop so plan ahead. Make sure you have good glasses for the passanger and a helmet if it is required out there. Your passanger should have sturdy shoes or boots and long pants.

Breeze is a funny guy...

1. Do not try to get on or off until driver tells you to. EVER!

Have toldl my gal #1 is a must, but going to a garage sale always trumps it...even if the bike is moving...! :newsmile100:

Back