free website stats program Any other suggestions/opinions (Tires) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Any other suggestions/opinions (Tires)

Yes my old riding buddy (Heritage ST) used to have to be careful of hooking raised manhole covers with his floorboards turning left at intersections.

Good to hear about being good in the wet. South Ga is nearly as bad as Florida in getting quick afternoon showers that pop up out of nowhere.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the Avon Venoms. The Michelin Commander II's impressed me much more that I expected being familiar with the older Commander tires. Being that I am more interested in grip across the board lead me to the decision to go with the Venoms. Any suggestions as to where I can get a fresh set?

I always get tyres mail order and fit and balance them myself i think the supplier i use gets them shipped directly from the main distributer i have in the past had tyres delivered that were made the previous week

Brian

I always get tyres mail order and fit and balance them myself i think the supplier i use gets them shipped directly from the main distributer i have in the past had tyres delivered that were made the previous week

Brian

Made the previous week....that's great! Doubt I will be so lucky but I am so looking forward to this purchase.

Really like the looks of the Cobra front tire tread design, maybe next time.

Well this is interesting. Just got down to fitment sizes on the Avon tires, I mean tyres. Good news bad news. Seems Avon's ONLY recommendation for a Streetbob is Cobra front and Storm Ultra 2 rear. Seems the matching Cobra rear is too wide as per Avon.

Rolling Stones......ya can't always get what ya want

I've had two sets of Dunlops last 12K+ miles each set. Had to replace front and rear at the same time because they wore out at the same time.

I wanted to try something else so I had Michelin Commander II's put on last Monday. I'm already VERY impressed with the Michelins! After taking it easy for the first few miles to get the newness scrubbed off I shot a curve 5MPH faster than I ever have with the Dunlops. It was effortless.

As far as durability goes, that remains to be seen, however, I think I'm gonna like these tires, (tyres).

Cheers!
Ferrous

Back