free website stats program Any Advice on 883? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Any Advice on 883?

I picked up and 06 last fall for $4000 with only 1,000 miles on it and a lot of upgrades such as fwd controls, passenger pegs, 2 seats, etc.

If you have cash and are patient, there are some smokin' deals out there. Good luck.

Listen dude: you'll be happy with Sporty no doubt....I picked up my 07 for 4500 bucks with 342 miles on it....got it from a Police Auction...(proceeds of Crime seizeure) there are deals to be had. I'm 200lbs it has power for me......Now after riding my Road King the sporty feels just as it's named.....and in a few years do the conversion...and your good to go.....now go on out there and get you that Sporty!!!

ipes and forward controls in two weeks. ride hard but ride safe!!!!!
ps heres a pic

i just bought a 2002 883R and i freakin love it its all stock except the exhaust. it has a screaming eagle slip on. it had just over 4800 miles on it and i paid $3500 cash. I'm getting drag pipes and forward controls in two weeks. ride hard but ride safe!!!!!
ps heres a pic

the bike was also lowered

Attachments

• 0616091758_01.jpg
    0616091758_01.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again for all your input, I'm at about $4,300 saved and getting more serious while shopping around. With a little luck I'll be posting pics of my "new" 883 soon.

take your time shop around there are some real good deals on Sportys with very low miles on them around

I tried to sell my 2006 and with the economy the way it is I gave up.
I wasn't trying to rob no one but I'm not giving it away either.I bought it from my Brother who's a good sized olboy and it hauled him just fine.It seems to like 70 that's just its comfort zone.BUT I'd say save a while and search around. If you don't need it tomorrow you should maybe check out the Dyna's. There like a sporty on steroids and these days you'd be surprised what you can get with cold hard cash. Just take you're time and look at every thing and then some. I bought the Electra I'm riding for 7 grand and even the dealer said its the nicest Bike for that year He's seen. I don't like to take advantage of people but if they need the money and you got it then its a win,win situation.

Thanks again for all your input, I'm at about $4,300 saved and getting more serious while shopping around. With a little luck I'll be posting pics of my "new" 883 soon.

Keep shopping. My buddy got a 2005 883 w/ 300 miles for $4500. Only problem was it was purple (dark purple though). It was some guys bike he got for his wife. We did the 1200 conversion ($450), new seat, new bars, moved the spedo and the bike rides and looks sweet.

Good luck!

Got my first Harley in Feb. its a 2002 883. got it for $4000 with 6000 miles on
it. I love it. I'm 6'1" and 250 and it hauls me around just fine. love the forward
controls. wish it had a larger gas tank and guage. ran out a couple of times
and had to use reserve. it will haul butt pretty good to. good luck.
Animal

Great bike I bought a 1992 883 and upgraded it to 1200 runs like a champ
only problem I have had with bike is it is a little small for riding 2 up,other
than that is a great sporty

I absolutely love my Iron 883. Going around curves and corners, is just a blast. I bought this bike in February this year, with little to no riding experience, and the minute the snow cleared up in April, I hopped on the bike, and just took off. This bike was awesome to learn on! Not too much power, but just enough to keep up with everyone. I couldn't be happier with my purchase!

Back