free website stats program ANOTHER TFI Situation.. Heeeeelp | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ANOTHER TFI Situation.. Heeeeelp

Hi Bubbie

Yes, I can hook it all up. But Im concerned/curious as to why the unit I purchased 10 months ago had another set of wires running to the O2 sensors and this one doesn't.

I don't want to hook it up and cause any damage..
WAP.gif

You won't Damage a thing...:small3d002:

Dobecks told me once that the LACK of capping-off the 2010 models with the o2 sensor caps would not toss a code that would show up as Check Engine,,,, so Not to worry about it.

Hoople had a post on another thread that showed aftermarket ? or Dobecks? 02 plug-caps that matched the 02's for your bike.

I can't answer for Dobecks BUT I do KNOW NO Problems or DAMAGE will come of Not hooking the 02's with the caps.:D

If left attached the HD system only will FIGHT the Dobecks unit trying to add fuel while the HD system takes it away.

signed....BUBBIE

Hi.. Forgive my lack of knowledge.

Ill disconnect the old unit.. Plug the O2's back as they were and just connect the Doebeck unit to the injectors.

Part of me says do it.. The other says run with a lean bike until Dobeck confirms they didn't ship me the wrong unit.
WAP.gif

Also,,, LOOK at the faace of the old unit in the front middle and see IF it says

ELECTRONIC JET KIT / Gen 3

(Bold on the first then light on the Gen 3)

be sure you re-read my postings above as I did some edit changes After it posted....

signed....BUBBIE

Hi.. Forgive my lack of knowledge.

Ill disconnect the old unit.. Plug the O2's back as they were and just connect the Doebeck unit to the injectors.

Part of me says do it.. The other says run with a lean bike until Dobeck confirms they didn't ship me the wrong unit.
WAP.gif

Notice I said NOT to connect the 02 sensors... Just leave them Un Plugged.. NO harm will result as I was told by Dobecks....

IF the 02 are left plugged into the HD system, it will Fight to see who can do the fuel the best..... HD will win out and LEAN will result..

I Know this. It may toss a code BUT nothing to damage or change the Proper Fuel to the bike. Run the Dobecks unit and get the proper 02 caps later..

signed....BUBBIE

isragaurd, I can tell you from recent conversations with Chris at Dolbeck that they do not send the bypasses out with the Gen3, nor is there any connections from the Gen3 to the O2 plugs. Just disconnect the O2 sensors from the plugs and install the tuner onto the injector plugs it's all good. Brother is running the same on his '12. It will not throw an engine alarm but it will put up "soft codes" P0031, P0131 and P0151 with no affect in the engine performance. Dougs got over 15,000 on his still works great.

By the way call Chris he's a great guy and will tell you everything you need to know about their units. I run the Dolbeck on my 06 and recommend them to everyone I ride and talk with.

Thanks iamdent,,,

I KNOW Dobecks will say the same thing..

israguard, Now you'v heard it from Two members and I'd bet more would agree with all the helpful statements you got here.

Get it running and that is that:bigsmiley23:

Call Chris at 406-388-2377 he will just agree.:D

signed....BUBBIE

Even the kit from Dobeck 2010-2012 - FI-1254ST for 2010-2012 touring says the same thing - diconnect O2 Bypasses. These company's must be the same. On the Dobeck site near the botton in blue it says electronicjetkit.com to view products

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

The link shows TFI's and believe me, israguard has a Gen3... Looking at his Old unit he posted the pict. it IS a gen 3...

Look here for the Gen3 /// Dobecks makes many for other companies to sell.This unit has Dobecks Logo on it.

EFI Controllers - Electronic Jet Kit - Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, Sportbikes, Snowmobiles, Watercraft, Dirt Bikes

signed....BUBBIE

israguard; At first I was confused b/c you reference problem(s) w/TFI, but you're running a GEN3 (newer Dobeck model). Both of yours are GEN3 & if you go to their website there are two versions of most tuners (#9120332 = 10-12 Touring & 9120333 = 10-12 Touring disc. O2). Your 1st GEN3 was probably an earlier version where the O2 sensors had "wired" bypass connections from the box & now replaced by their O2 bypass (caps-off O2). If you call Dobeck - just have them send you the O2 caps & the error codes will clear, but running the bike w/o bypass won't hurt a thing (just annoying O2 code). Should be good to go.

I installed my new GEN3 yesterday (upgraded fm TFI) and like having the lights vs. pots...makes yuning easier for my old eyes.

Hi everyone,
Was able to call Chris from Laconia. Here is the scoop.
Chris claims that he shipped me the unit "he wants me to have for my FLHX". According to him, the wires/plugs that come out of the Gen 3 and which go into the O2 sensors do nothing. He claims they are dummies. With the unit he just shipped me, he wants me to hook up the injectors and simply unplug the O2 plugs. ie: keep them unplugged. He said it will throw a code but not one which will make the check engine light go on.

I have to tell you I personally am getting tired of all of this. Seems like a constant battle to "trick" the engine and look where that got me. I plan on doing no more mods and frankly I'm leaning towards cutting my losses and just paying $200 for the download from Dealer. This way I know bike is running properly and as it should with no "tricks" or unplugged wires. A $26k bike and I am messing around with trying to save a few hundred dollars. I guess I'm just tired of it all.

As always, I welcome anyone's opinions /thoughts.

Rgds, Shawn
WAP.gif

Back