free website stats program Another New Harley Rider | Harley Davidson Forums

Another New Harley Rider

Sharky1948

Haven't posted in a while, but I had to take this opportunity to brag on my wife.

She has been a backrest ever since I got my first Harley. Recently she decided to take the MSF course and see if riding was for her. Well...she loved the course and bought a new XL883L, which fits her like a glove. Like a true Harley owner, she had ordered $2K in add-ons before even taking delivery! It arrived last Wednesday. Given the ride home from the dealer was on a very busy interstate, I rode it home for her. The next morning we left on my RK to Laconia for four days, so she didn't even get a chance to ride it. While in Laconia, she was ogling the Softtail Deluxes. She hopped on a friend's Heritage and discovered she could handle the size just fine. So, before putting even one mile on her new Sporty, she had already picked out her next bike! We've been riding every day after work and she has really been bitten hard by the bug. (A highlight for me was riding over to my former wife's house, and seeing the expression on her face! But, that's a different story...)

This is a major accomplishment for her. About 13 years ago she was in a terrible car accident in which she broke most of the bones from the neck down, punctured both lungs, and lost a baby she was carrying. She wasn't expected to live and her husband (driving the car) divorced while she was in the hospital. Since then she has had a shoulder replacement, and her other elbow looks like an erector set gone berserk on x-ray. For her to decide to become a rider is a really big deal. I can only sit back and watch in admiration and amazement.

The only problem now is that I need to work a few more years to pay for the chrome!! :D

Welcome to the gang, Donna!!!

Welcome to the gang Donna, I'm sure the big guy will teach you all the finer points:D.

Get an account here and post so you can ask questions.:s

We can spend money for you like a champ. :lolrolling

Wow Sharky, what a great story....[Donna] you go girl, can't wait to hear your side and share your enthusiasm. Awating your first post!

Well done,sad story with a happy ending,Donna,enjoy the experience,you deserve it.Ride safe and take care..

Welcome aboard Donna & Sharky !

That is a Great story. I wish for you many Happy miles together :guitar

That's great . I think my wife wants to try it but she is scared. I encourage her to try but at the same time I cringe at what could happen if she freaked out on her first ride.

Back