free website stats program Another Dealer Closing | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Another Dealer Closing

Crete Harley in Crete Illinois is closing October the 15th 2010. They told me that Harley Davidson decided to "retire" the dealership. This is probably the best dealership in the area, and it will be sorely missed.

Have to agree..One of the better Dealers in the Chicagoland area and we have quite a few to choose from...Unfortunately most of them I would not let them put air in my tires much less put a wrench on it!

The old "mom and pop" dealers were always the best and are all but gone. I really think Harley should start thinking more about people and less about profit.

Did some calling around and found out MoCo told the dealer they would only receive 200 bikes this year to sell...the dealer sold over 300 in'10 and wanted at least that many and MoCo said no...The owner decided to close up than try to make it with only 200 bikes to sell...Sounds like MoCo wants to get back to the waiting list days!

From post #23 When it explains they build 500 bikes per day, you are probably correct about the waiting list. No excess inventory or building a particular model of bike that isn't a fast seller. Makes sense in this economy, no one wants excess in stock that only takes up floor space.

The old "mom and pop" dealers were always the best and are all but gone. I really think Harley should start thinking more about people and less about profit.

It is not so much profit, but SURVIVAL...appeasing shareholders and investors is part of this. To generate short term money in a cash tight economy (the banks are saying they are making loans...but reality says otherwise)... takes talent AND vision to aggregate investors to provide dollars for investement in the future. Staying solvent in these rough times is NOT easy...the unemployment and limited consumer confidence reflects this.:(

Back