free website stats program Andrews Cam Kit? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Andrews Cam Kit?

Alright guys, took the leap and ordered the parts today with my dealer, went with Andrews Gear Drive, fueling lifters, fueling oil pump, cam plate, the bearings, install kit for it, went ahead with the 26G cam, and also the 95" kit (using stock push rods), with the S/E high compression pistons (9.8:1), there gonna re-install my PC III, calibrate for the additions and the heavy breather A/C, and tune and dyno, out the door $2,000 even. dealer is off to the Expo in Cincy this weekend, (hoping theyll get a price break while they are there on my parts).. Wondering with these additions would it be worth it to upgrade the ignition as well? also is anything going to need to be done with the ECM if Im using the PC, i found a guy selling S/E ECM cartridges for a decent price, do any good? Thanks

Congratulations, your going to like it I'm sure, when they tune your pc they will take into account what ever download is in the ecm now, you're good to go, keep us posted.

Alright guys, took the leap and ordered the parts today with my dealer, went with Andrews Gear Drive, fueling lifters, fueling oil pump, cam plate, the bearings, install kit for it, went ahead with the 26G cam, and also the 95" kit (using stock push rods), with the S/E high compression pistons (9.8:1), there gonna re-install my PC III, calibrate for the additions and the heavy breather A/C, and tune and dyno, out the door $2,000 even. dealer is off to the Expo in Cincy this weekend, (hoping theyll get a price break while they are there on my parts).. Wondering with these additions would it be worth it to upgrade the ignition as well? also is anything going to need to be done with the ECM if Im using the PC, i found a guy selling S/E ECM cartridges for a decent price, do any good? Thanks

Wow, that sounds like a really good price. You should see over 90 HP and right at or over 100 fpt. The guy that did mine said once you get up in those numbers the clutch might not hold. I was told you may have to buy a stiffer clutch spring and ad a easy pull mod.

I did not do anything about my clutch. So far so good. But mine is still 88ci

Alright guys, took the leap and ordered the parts today with my dealer, went with Andrews Gear Drive, fueling lifters, fueling oil pump, cam plate, the bearings, Thanks

REMEMBER my 2000 with GEAR DRIVE...... I ALSO did the GOOD STUFF you added to the job!!!! feuling pump etc....GOOD CHOICES,,,VERY GOOD....

those EXTRA ITEMS were the ONLY things I was concerned about on your going GEAR DRIVE....

ONE THING THO'.... very important or you may have EARLY PROBLEMS........

You might ASK THEM TO GET THE RUN-OUT ON CRANK CHECKED BEFORE INSTALLING gear drives.......NICE to KNOW those numbers FIRST.

The gear drive i installed WITH the SAME up-graded parts you are using gave me OVER 50,000 (gear silent) trouble free miles...

Now sold ? some where.....

YOU ARE going to SMILE BIG with this one...

MY BEST TO YOU....... fun to try to help you....

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie, i did let them know that I wanted the to know what the run out was on the crank before it was installed, they were pretty confident that it was going to within the tolerance. But none the less, def no point doing all that work if its not. Thanks again for the help

Why no head work? The power for a Harley really wakes up with good head work. I have 92 hp and 95 ftlbs with Andrews 37s and a great port job on my heads and I'm still at 88ci. Heads is where it's at with these motors IMO. A good exhaust is a must too.

Hey Don, thanks for the input, would you mind sharing what exactly you had done to your heads? Thanks

Got the Andrews 37G cams, S&S drive gears, Andrews pushrods and tubes for my 2001 Low Rider. The bike pulls, kicking in at about 2700 rpm. By 3500 she really takes off! The gears also make a cool "whine" like the shovels used to make. With the S&S Super E and Vance & Hines Straightshots she don't stumble off-idle like the stock Keihin carb did. She is a lot louder since the cams went in! Got to be cool in-town!
The cam set-up with labor ran me $1500...not cheap but still worthwhile.
Paid $440 for the carb and installed myself. Easy bolt-up. Just jet it up the way the instructions say to...no biggie. Pipes came with the bike when I bought it new from the dealer.
One bummer...I used to get 45 MPG, now about 35-38! Of course that might
be because I'm always rippin' on her now!
Thinking about the Revolution Performance 98 in. kit and headwork at the end of the year. Hot roddin' never ends... just gets more expensive!

lookin to install an ANDREWS GEAR DRIVE CAM KIT W/ LIFTERS, the cam would be the 26G.

The 26G is a great cam for average rider, I should say cruiser rider. It will not cause your bike to run any hotter than it does now. Helps with low end torque. Great take off's and low rpm's on heavy bikes, or with a passanger. I used a 37G, which was the WRONG choice for me. I comes on at about 2500 rpm and works great above that. But my normal riding is not in that range. My bad on choice, but I can't afford to do it again, oh well, live and learn.:newsmile014:

Back