free website stats program Andrews Cam Kit? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Andrews Cam Kit?

Chopper, I think that this is the direction Im going to go in, the S/E hybrid cam set up, with either the andrews cam or the 211's, and the go ahead with the 95" set if i go ahead with the pistons they have now they are going to reseat new rings did not mention anything about hone, now what is some good pistons for the 211's (domed?) I greatly appreciate the input you guys have given on this, my eyes are burnt from googling about this, I did call Woods today to inquire but the person I needed to talk to was out and seen they had a belt drive system too, now Im NOT changing up and going that way but thats the first ive seen that, anybody heard of that?

Chopper, I think that this is the direction Im going to go in, the S/E hybrid cam set up, with either the andrews cam or the 211's, and the go ahead with the 95" set if i go ahead with the pistons they have now they are going to reseat new rings did not mention anything about hone, now what is some good pistons for the 211's (domed?) I greatly appreciate the input you guys have given on this, my eyes are burnt from googling about this, I did call Woods today to inquire but the person I needed to talk to was out and seen they had a belt drive system too, now Im NOT changing up and going that way but thats the first ive seen that, anybody heard of that?
I have used the S/E pistons High compression piston and like the cast the best for street use, there are many manufacture out there making good pistons tho, I guess I have a hard time removing my staff patch. If the shop is installing new rings they will put a cross hatch hone on the cylinders I'm sure. Thing I like most about the forum is every body likes what they are running and have reason to, I like to hear those reasons because they usually make since and I learn something. I've had a lot of tech's work for me and they don't always do things the same way, but they all get the job done correctly. With bike parts you have good & bad parts but there is no best parts, except to the owner of that part. O yea stay away from primary belt drives")

BUBBIE,

Thanks for the input, love all the information on this, ive learned a ton over the last couple of days with the info and research from this forum, and from the pictures I seen on TQ's build if had the special tools id be confident to prob do this job myself, all I meant by being "cheaper" was seeing if Zanottis or maybe Chicago HD had the same parts but diff price, i just turned 11,000 miles on it today. Im really leaning towards the S/E set up for the fact it does come with all the parts like you mentioned, the oil pump and cam plate, and would love to get the 95" set up. Its a slightly used setup that someone had added then taken off after about a 1,000miles to put on a 103", it comes with S/E flat head pistons just as you would buy it, i did forget to ask what the compression would be. I had heard that the 211's really like the compression from a statement earlier, so would those pistons be sufficient or go ahead upgrade them also?

Here is my cost for the "kit" I bought from Herko:

Qty Item ID Description Unit Price Amount
1 HPK -1 Pro Conv Kit 449.00
1 18538-99B HD B Lifter set of 4 94.00
1 216821 21N Conv Cam Set 259.00
1 320540 Cam Bearing Puller 71.25
1 320550 Cam Bearing Installer 77.25
1 320620 Sprocket Locking Tool 35.25

Subtotal: $985.75
Currency is in U.S. Dollars (USD) Total: $985.75 USD

Throw in another 150-200 for adjustable pushrods, new pushrod covers and orings, and that is about my total. I would say $1,100 including the tools. But if you were leaning this way, I would suggest calling John (Wadsworth) and finding out if any of the prices have changed. I think the GG tools have gone up some, but John sells those at his cost, I think. You can see all the stuff I used here including the prices at the time:

Parts used by TQ for roller chain project

TQ

Here is my cost for the "kit" I bought from Herko:

Qty Item ID Description Unit Price Amount
1 HPK -1 Pro Conv Kit 449.00
1 18538-99B HD B Lifter set of 4 94.00
1 216821 21N Conv Cam Set 259.00
1 320540 Cam Bearing Puller 71.25
1 320550 Cam Bearing Installer 77.25
1 320620 Sprocket Locking Tool 35.25

Subtotal: $985.75
Currency is in U.S. Dollars (USD) Total: $985.75 USD

Throw in another 150-200 for adjustable pushrods, new pushrod covers and orings, and that is about my total. I would say $1,100 including the tools. But if you were leaning this way, I would suggest calling John (Wadsworth) and finding out if any of the prices have changed. I think the GG tools have gone up some, but John sells those at his cost, I think. You can see all the stuff I used here including the prices at the time:

I am getting ready to do just about the same thing, and being an aircraft wrench and ASE master tech I want to do the work myself. Could you give me your source for the tools, I know you said Herko but I'm not familiar with them/him-----thank

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting ready to do just about the same thing, and being an aircraft wrench and ASE master tech I want to do the work myself. Could you give me your source for the tools, I know you said Herko but I'm not familiar with them/him-----thank

Kemo has given you the contact info to get hold of Herko. A few of us here have gone to him for the kits for our up-grade projects, and we can vouch for him. Good guy, and a straight shooter. But if you want to get the tools directly, Herko gets them from George's Garage. He may get a better discount that we do and so gives you a little break on the price. Plus I like the "one-stop shopping" approach!!

HARLEY TOOLS by GEORGES GARAGE for HARLEY-Davidson Motorcycles

TQ

More then likely if they do the big bore you won't get the adjustable push rods.
kemo

KEMO is right on here!!!!!!

YOU might be able to HAVE THEM INCLUDE the adjustable push rods as they were going to use them BEFORE,,,,, IF NOT DOING THE 95"..... YES the 95 in sounds good...... good price also...

THEY WILL THROW THEM IN.... If asked ,,,, to clinch the deal

You say the flat top S/E pistons,, THEY are PROBABLY higher compression....
ask them please and let US know...

I like the idea to go with the NEWER STYLE KIT parts... THIS ALONE would make your bike longivity a PLUS FACTOR....

CHOPPER, are the 211's a harley scream'n eagle part?
can't find them in my book... what's the specks on lift and duration#'s

signed....BUBBIE

BUBBIE
S/E 211 Cam Spec
SE-211CamSpec.jpg

Speaking of Torrington Bearing.

Torrington became Timken, now most of the Timken bearing plants are Koyo. As of a couple months ago. I work in three or four of the plants in SC and GA.

Back