free website stats program And More Photos From Scotland | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

And More Photos From Scotland

Joy, those were some great pics. Always wondered what it would be like to just float around in a hot air balloon. Quiet and peaceful, I would imagine. But how do you steer the thing? You kinda gotta know that somewhere in your flight path, that there will be a spot where you can put it down. Do you just fly till you get tired of flying, then look for a suitable spot?

Twrecks, those bars would HAVE to go. The rest of the bike looks pretty good but those bars... nope. Maybe some nice pullbacks or buckhorns. How does that guy manage in traffic?

Great photos Joy although your formal was a wee bit short for us the ladies had to have their ankles covered when formal / black tie
Always nice to see good coos

Brian

Brian, I will try to be dressed properly for my next big Scottish formal!

Here's a couple of pics from Scotland I took on one of our trips there.The bike is called "Bulletproof" from Destiny Cycles.

T, I did make it to the Harley store for a tee shirt! Not sure if I could handle that bike...

Great pics Joy - looks like it was a great time and Scotland's scenery is awesome. One ?...where are your kilts...?? :s

Hubby wore a kilt, I just get a matching something....drawing a big blank as the proper name for my...wait...Sash! :D Long weekend.

Joy, those were some great pics. Always wondered what it would be like to just float around in a hot air balloon. Quiet and peaceful, I would imagine. But how do you steer the thing? You kinda gotta know that somewhere in your flight path, that there will be a spot where you can put it down. Do you just fly till you get tired of flying, then look for a suitable spot?

Twrecks, those bars would HAVE to go. The rest of the bike looks pretty good but those bars... nope. Maybe some nice pullbacks or buckhorns. How does that guy manage in traffic?

Jim, we steer by going up and down to try and get different winds at different altitudes. But sometimes we just fly and land when we are ready. The area we were in was absolutely beautiful and relatively easy as far as landing, the winds were tricky, but our biggest concern was not spooking the livestock. We try to be extra considerate to the farmers and the animals. The burner puts out a noise that spooks the animals, so we try to watch out for them.

Joy in the picture i think you were wearing what is called a fly plaid a piece of tartan material held in place on the left shoulder by a large broach

Brian

Wow ..Im glad I opened this thread up....Very cool pics..

I have to agree with Mat60, it's great when we get to visit some of the places our members have been. Big thanks to Brian and Joy.

Joy in the picture i think you were wearing what is called a fly plaid a piece of tartan material held in place on the left shoulder by a large broach

Brian

Thanks Brian, if we get invited back next year, I will consult with you now that I know what to expect! I do want to be in proper attire. :)

My time of going to formal black tie events has been over for a wee while now i probably wouldn't fit in the clothes any more so i may be out of touch on what is expected
However stuff like that is from a bygone era but is often used for traditional events at one time black tie would have been the norm for dinner if you were in the right family

Brian

Back