free website stats program And another biker hit, by jaywalking dog. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

And another biker hit, by jaywalking dog.

Similar thing happened to me last year. Riding at night and the dog appeared out of nowhere. If there were no engine guards my knee would have taken the force. Bent the guard back about 5 inches. Could have ended up in the bushes and hit a tree.

Glad you made it through ok. Wishing you a speedy recovery...

Sorry for being gone so long and thanks for all the well wishes. Hobbling around on crutches and with a cast up to my knee. Heard the dog had to be put down. It took a heck of a hit as it bent the 3/16" thick bracket holding my forward peg back about 45 degrees. Still don't know how I didn"t go down, but thank god I didn"t. Gonna be in my cast til Tuesday after next and then 5 wks in a walking boot and crutches or a walker. BTW the dog was a large one. I got real lucky as the dog got past my front wheel prior to impact, if I had t-boned him I would have laid in the road for a while probably with who knows what kind of injuries. Looks like November at the soonest before I get back on the bike. In any case, thanks again for the positive thoughts.

Sorry to hear you'll be down for so long but like you said it could have been worse. Too bad about the dog.
WAP.gif

Back