free website stats program And another biker hit, by jaywalking dog. | Harley Davidson Forums

And another biker hit, by jaywalking dog.

murf

Was coming home Thursday nite around 8:30 and dog walked right in front of me, didn't even see it til a split second before impact. Didn't go down thank God. Dog hit my left foot and peg. bent peg back 45 degrees and broke my ankle in 2 places and my shin bone. I can't remember such severe and instantaneous pain ever in my life. Must have twisted my foot out 90 degrees to the left. Stopped at a neighbors house and had him put the kickstand down cauuse I couldn't touch anything with my left foot. Upon calling "911" the trooper wanted to cite me for leaving the scene of an accident. Can you believe it ? Any way I'm ok except for some pretty good pain. Gotta watch out for everything anymore.

murf,

Glad to hear things weren't any worse, I hope your ankle heals quickly and you are riding soon.
Unbelieveable that the HP wanted to cite you, but if he didn't I guess he realized what you had to do.
Good luck, hope you heal well.

murf
sorry to hear about your incident, but glad your ok. get your ankle looked after real good, so that it doesn't come back to bother your later.

Wow! I'm amazed it didn't throw you off and glad it was no worse than it was. Still, broken bones are no fun. Let them heal properly and you'll be back in the saddle soon. The trooper certainly had a lapse of good common sense. Take care.
Ishmael

Glad to hear you weren't hurt worse. Hope you heal quickly and thoroughly.:cheers
Them little animals can do alot of damage. My daughter hit a racoon with our car. It pushed the condensor and rad up against the motor along with breaking the lower plastic of the front bumper.

We have to watch out for every animal that crosses our path. OK, squirrels we could probably get away with hitting and not mess ourselves up..:p

Glad your not worse than you are. Hopefully it won't take too long to heal. Did the dog die?

Good on ya for staying up. Makes ya wonder how dumb some cops can get huh? Friend a mine and I were riding together a few years ago with both of us on baggers. We were doing 60 or so when i look ahead and there are a pair a dogs just tearing down a driveway to our right. We both hit the gas and almost made it but, as my friend got by the lead dog (dalmation) managed to stick his stoopid head in front of my left bag. The rails got him and when i looked in the mirror all I could see was a black and white top, just spinning in the road. Went by there a few days later and they still had two dogs but, they both stayed up by the porch and didn't come down toward the road. Musta learned a new trick huh?

Gimme3steps

Back