free website stats program Am I too short? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I too short?

I ride a 2000 FLSTC Heritage, at 5'10" is a very confortable ride regardless of the distance. I have a co-worker that's about 5'6" tall and when he sat on it he had no trouble touching the floor with his feet flat on the ground. Heritage is already a low ride bike and a very confortable ride I might add. You can always do different things to your SB to make it more confortable, but is a matter of confort and taste. Good luck with your decision. :cheers

Hey Guy's, I need some input or opinions. I'm 5'7 and 160 lbs, I ride a 07 Dyna SB but lately been thinking about a more comfortable bike (Heritage ST Classic). I would like to be able to ride for a couple hours without having to stop and take a break. Am I too short to reach everything on a ST and be comfortable? thanks.....

be interested in how this works out for you---i rode FXD a lot and had no trouble emptying tank no stop---also rode softail and it is a little softer ride but i didn't think it was as much as i expected...then get on touring and it is a couple notches better yet... let us know how it works for u

Thanks for all the feedback, and you guy's were right. The bike fits me very well, I can flat food with ease and the balance is sweet. I drove 600 miles round trip to pick it up. The owner didn't have good means to clean it like it needed as he lived in apartments (no lift jack). When I got it home I started with a major cleaning and polishing and I have to say Wow!!! it really is a Beautiful Bike. I didn't even realize it was White Gold Pearl!, and the White Wall tires cleaned up great. I got the paperwork for the 10K service and I installed a new battery so I should be ready to go, but I've only been able to make 2 short rides as its been raining here in S.C. for weeks. I also bought a Grasshopper backrest for a little extra comfort when needed (seem a little thick though but I'll try it before I modify it) I'm headed to Charleston S.C. Saturday for a weekend ride at the Dealership and it's supposed to be SUNNY !!!!!
P.S. whats all the controversy about the tranny oil? I'm guessing the Dealership used HD Syn3. Should I change it? thanks again guy's!!! Marty

just a couple pictures when I picked it up, dirty bikes still look good in pictures!

Attachments

• HDtalking.jpg
    HDtalking.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Softail Deluxe3.jpg
    Softail Deluxe3.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for all the feedback, and you guy's were right. The bike fits me very well, I can flat food with ease and the balance is sweet. I drove 600 miles round trip to pick it up. The owner didn't have good means to clean it like it needed as he lived in apartments (no lift jack). When I got it home I started with a major cleaning and polishing and I have to say Wow!!! it really is a Beautiful Bike. I didn't even realize it was White Gold Pearl!, and the White Wall tires cleaned up great. I got the paperwork for the 10K service and I installed a new battery so I should be ready to go, but I've only been able to make 2 short rides as its been raining here in S.C. for weeks. I also bought a Grasshopper backrest for a little extra comfort when needed (seem a little thick though but I'll try it before I modify it) I'm headed to Charleston S.C. Saturday for a weekend ride at the Dealership and it's supposed to be SUNNY !!!!!
P.S. whats all the controversy about the tranny oil? I'm guessing the Dealership used HD Syn3. Should I change it? thanks again guy's!!! Marty

Good on you, nice bike. As far as the tranny oil, your ride you decide IMO you would be better served with a gear oil:s

Back