free website stats program Am I missing something? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I missing something?

Advertising and the competition will be a good driver for all involved to do R& D to make better products and attract new buyers IMO

Advertising and the competition will be a good driver for all involved to do R& D to make better products and attract new buyers IMO

Agree. Human nature takes over and people get complacent at the top, and greedy. We all don't ride Harleys because we want shareholders to get rich, it goes way beyond that: if ya have to ask, ya just wouldn't understand.

I hope the competition drives some old values and respect for the guys walking up to a parts or service counter in need of help to do some work for themselves, because we enjoy it, and find their labor, and parts, a tad on the high side.

Agree. Human nature takes over and people get complacent at the top, and greedy. We all don't ride Harleys because we want shareholders to get rich, it goes way beyond that: if ya have to ask, ya just wouldn't understand.

I hope the competition drives some old values and respect for the guys walking up to a parts or service counter in need of help to do some work for themselves, because we enjoy it, and find their labor, and parts, a tad on the high side.

Hopefully there is some merit to your statement here. #1 complaint from most older Harley owners with both parts and service is how the representative who is half your age seems to know all the ins and outs of a Harley and its operation and could never be wrong. Maybe the biggest part is lack of common sense shown at some dealers and how they go about their business and the lack of treating customers with respect. For with out the customer they would not have a job.....

Jay Leno has a review of the new Indian at Jay Lenos Garage - YouTube, worth watching. Biggest drawback for the new Indian is limited dealerships and very few accessories and what the Victory riders call the "Polaris plague" IE: lack of support from Polaris.

Back