free website stats program Am I missing something? | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I missing something?

5dollars

The other day I was at the dealership and all they were talking about was the new Indian line. Why were they so concerned, Indian comes and goes. Not to sound conceded but not everyone can afford to purchase a Harley much less a Indian motorcycle. Does Harley see lost revenue in their near future?:newsmile093:

For anyone who has taken a product to market, anything that takes market share away from you is a concern.

I know about Polaris,,a buddy of mine was foaming at the mouth when they had their demo day announced here in Houston a couple of months ago,,he drives a victory kingpin and had nothing to say about his demo ride,,i guess it was just another bike to him...

Pretty nice looking motorcycle the Indian is and I've read some good reviews. If I were Harley, I'd be a bit concerned if only a little bit.

I read some where that HD will be producing a lower displacement motor and for a cheaper price and I think they are targeting Asian countries for these models. Now about the Indian. I think they are just reviving its class and history, w/c we all know that only people can afford.:D

If they ride one, they'll be even more concerned. I rode a couple of the models in October, and they are Rock Solid bikes.

From fit and finish, to ride, to handling, the New Indian is a solid contender, and the prices are now reasonable.

So yes, you're missing something!:D

If they ride one, they'll be even more concerned. I rode a couple of the models in October, and they are Rock Solid bikes.

From fit and finish, to ride, to handling, the New Indian is a solid contender, and the prices are now reasonable.

So yes, you're missing something!:D

Just like it took Polaris a few years to sort out their motorcycles and look how respected the Victory line is nowadays. I am sure the same will happen with the Indian line especially with the great history it has behind it. It may be a few years before Indians catch fire and rock the market just as Harley had after the AMF days that almost put them out of business....

Back