free website stats program Am I Expecting Too much? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I Expecting Too much?

Glider,

I saw your posts regarding primary and secondary oil types on the self help forum. This shop put syn3 in my engine, primary, and transmission. I know you are not a fan of using syn 3 in the transmission and the primary, but do you believe I should remove the syn 3 before using the bike next year? Or would you recommend waiting until the end of next season and then switch the primary to something like Formula + and the transmission to a 75/90 weight gear oil (Mobile1)?

I want to get off to a good start with the care of this bike.

Thanks for your help.

My honest opinion is why run a crummy oil when there are better ones available for the task.
Many will tell you to run them but here we are only talking about 2 quarts total to change them both and sleep better.:s

Getting a bike back scratched or dirtier than what was dropped off just shows poor customer service.

Just before the last tire change I spent 4 plus hours washing, waxing, and polishing the bike. Dropped it off at the local HD dealer. Left it there overnight due to it started raining. When I went to pick up the bike noticed the dealer did the test ride in the rain, then denied it. Also noticed the dealer placed saddlebags directly on the concrete while the bike was being serviced.

Bottom line, that dealer won’t see any more of my money. To bad too, cause I’ll be in the market for a new bike once my ‘03 Electra Glide Classic sells.

Back