free website stats program Am I done? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I done?

Well, the whole idea is to ride and enjo yourself. If you start suffering... whats the point

Around here, some of the best riding (IMO) is during the Winter... Cold crisp air, cloudless blue skies, but you do have to put up with the freezing temps at times. Now what I hate to ride in is the month of March... Miserable, wet, nasty, cold weather... Nothing nice to say about March...

Around here, some of the best riding (IMO) is during the Winter... Cold crisp air, cloudless blue skies, but you do have to put up with the freezing temps at times. Now what I hate to ride in is the month of March... Miserable, wet, nasty, cold weather... Nothing nice to say about March...

Salting the roads is when I quit. Just don't like the salt getting in all the nooks and crannys.

I try to ride all year long, but I have to watch the temps in the higher elevations during winter months. I draw the line when it comes to snow. I don't want to be miserable on the bike, as was mentioned, whats the point? Even if it is raining or miserable, I want to ride my bike, at least for a short run.
After living in Manitoba for years and years, where, in the winter, a motorcycle ride is out of the question for 6 to 8 months. (20 below!). The West Coast (Wet Coast) is a good place for a Harley lover.
I wear "First Gear" heated pants and "Black Jack" heated jacket. "Black Jack" is the best - the jacket is 2 years old, used often, and works great. Google up "Black Jack Heated Clothing" Good service & advice, plus they ship stuff out fast for quick delivery. When I wear both pants & jacket I can ride in almost anything!!! except snow & ice.
I want to ride forever!

Here in Manitoba I will ride as low as -5c as long as the outlook for the day is for it to warm up some but I have heated gear too and that makes a big difference. :)

Hello All, left my house Sunday a.m. temp. 42 degrees, no heated gear, just jeans, T-shirt, sweatshirt, leather jacket, insulated leather gloves, open-face helmet. Brisk, but invigorating! No Prob! But then I'm a cold-weather kind of guy, have duck hunted in January with wind-chill at -30! Regards, Low Sporty

All depends on the weather once it gets near freezing. Usually +5C, 41F and occassionally just above freezing but the temp had better be going up during the day.
I live close to the river and my ride to work is along the river, so when the temp drops the heavy fog leaves the road wet and it can be quite slick in the shaded areas.

I don't own any heated gear but rethinking that.

hey bud i am in Ottawa, if the sun is out and the wind is calm then hyou should have no problem having a good ride. Dont forget about the 4pm deadline.

Enjoy i will be out on Sunday for sure

Only you can tell you know your body and its limits, That Said I had been known to ride in Minnesota in the winter, just have to dress right, know your limits and watch out for Black ice:s

Back