free website stats program Am I done? | Harley Davidson Forums

Am I done?

israguard

Well Gents & Ladies...
It's getting cold in Montreal. Nice & sunny and dry... but it dips to 2 to 5 degrees celcis (42 Farenheit).
This weekend promises to be decent (dry) with no rain but temps will be at a high of 7 celcius (45-50 Farenheit). I am fully heated including seat & grips.. but is it too cold to ride?.

I guess I do care what people think..lol. Just curious as to when you can decide "youre done".
Tks

Only you can tell.... Some guys ride all the time and with proper preparation the cold just becomes a nuisance.
And then there are the S&S guys.....Sun and Seventy degrees...:newsmile090:

Myself I ride if it is dry untill we start getting ice then i call it.Saturday it was 29 degrees when I left was up to 50 within 3 hours I had a great 200 mile day

If my hand's too shaky to get the key in the ignition switch...

Seriously, at about 15-17F, I typically skip the bike... but I wear heated gear and wrap up like the "Michelin Man", also have a DIY jacket that will make biscuits.

When i was younger and only had a motorcycle for transport then what ever the weather threw at me was riding weather snow and ice included although replacing the fork stanchions every spring due to corrosion was a pest
however staying in the rut made by a truck for 50 miles after a heavy fall of snow is a young mans game
about 8 years ago after a weekend trip i had 85 miles home on snow and ice although that was a fully faired BMW one of the old ones with the feet warmer engine
So i try to stay off the bike if the temperatures are dropping if they start throwing salt on the roads bike stays in the shed

Brian

Slight left turn..
Anyone here have/use the HD jacket/heated pants ?. I have a small issue & Gerbing who make them dont really respond & dealer is clueless

Back