free website stats program Alton,Il."When in town, Keep it down" | Harley Davidson Forums

Alton,Il."When in town, Keep it down"

It's not going away thanks to irresponsible "loud pipes" riders. As always, it's a small percentage of bikers who've created the perception that we're all rude and obnoxious gang members!

At least they included boom boxes and car stereos. My pet peeve is noise ordinances that are actually thinly veiled anti-motorcycle ordinances.

gettin ready to move to that area thanks for the heads up .... i had heard about this about a month ago that they were really gonna start nailing bikers on the Great River Road (ST RT 100 )

In today's economy taking an active interest in politics, voting, and being selective on how & where you spend your money has a much larger impact than it did a couple years ago.

Get used to it!
This tallies nicely with that contentious thread of a month or so ago.As argued then;there ain't no individual that has the right to deafen others with obnoxious noise;unless they feel the need to attract the wrath of Joe Q Public and the Legislators.
Common courtesy works the same on both sides of the World.
As does hatred of open pipes at 100Db.

Common sense and well as Courtesy says keep the noise down in residential areas especially early morning, late night hours .. Seroiusly doubt my pipes are legal but are very easy on them until hit the open highway ..

Common sense and courtesy are becoming a rare personal attribute.

Then when more biker are killed, they'll want a helmet law and bikes to have airbags, ect. And they'll say bikes aren't safe, that's the way the people we vote in to office think,:rr but every day they work we lose another Right or Freedom. JMO

Then when more biker are killed, they'll want a helmet law and bikes to have airbags, ect. And they'll say bikes aren't safe, that's the way the people we vote in to office think,:rr but every day they work we lose another Right or Freedom. JMO

maine-e-axe, what right or freedom are we loosing with this type of action by a city that welcomes bikers and worked with biker groups to get the word out? It would seem that the city and it's elected officials would rather be pro active and make sure that unnecessary laws are not enacted. I'd say that the people of this city/area have a right to say what type of element they want to visit and live in their area. We must all try to be the type of citizens that look out for the rights of others, biker or not. Your rights cannot usurp the rights of others.:13::13:

I didn't start this thread to get into another debate on who's wrong or right. I just want to pass on the information.

Glad we have a forum where we can vent and have open debates and pass on good info:p

Back