free website stats program Alligator Alley At Night ??? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Alligator Alley At Night ???

Guys....you're really not serious about worrying about gators are you?!?!?!?!? As a former Floridian with family on both coasts, I've been across it many times...including when it was first opened. (Called a Folly back in those days...lots of political undercurrent.)

I'd worry about speed, boredom and fast-moving critters before the gators. There is plenty of traffic, even at night. Plenty of emergency phones. And, as posted, lights.

Alligator Alley is the name...not a description of the scenery!:D

Last edited:
I heard they caught this one just as he swallowed a harley and the rider too. :D

alligator_lg.jpg

That's how the FHP control the biker population in Florida. :newsmile100:

Good news!! I called the FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) and got the right person the 1st time. What LUCK!! WoooHoooo. :worthy

FHP said it is perfectly fine to ride it on a bike at night since it is TOTALLY lite up. Many bikers do so ..................... I'm outta here.......weeeeeee. :)

Thank you again for all of ur help!! :s

BuzzCap7

I heard they caught this one just as he swallowed a harley and the rider too. :D

alligator_lg.jpg

Please tell me that thing's been computer enhanced! Gators aren't supposed to get that big - salt water crocs maybe but not gators. Of course if he's been eating a steady diet of Milwaukee iron, you never know!

Have you ever seen this one with a full grown deer in his mouth?:D

It was at Cross Lake, Louisiana. How about a swim?

gator-deer-image001.jpg

It gets pretty dark on that stretch of road and Gators can climb that chain link fence but they say they wont eat unless they are hungry I dont know I hate them as much as snakes Good Luck, Jack in Jacksonville Florida

Poor gator, after the Army Corp of Engineers finishes draining and fixing up the flooded areas no more easy pick'ins or Jambalya to finish up the meal with...:34:

I rode Highway 41 (south of Alligator Alley) along the northern edge of Everglades National Park in March. There were numerous signs warning drivers (riders) of Panthers, and a few dead (road kill) alligators on the shoulder of the highway. So I guess they can get under the fence if they want to. Not a place I wanted to break down. man those full grown Alligators are ugly!

Back