free website stats program Alligator Alley At Night ??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Alligator Alley At Night ???

It's not a bad ride, just terribly boring, especially at night. My only trick when doing it is to drink a 5 Hour Energy just before heading out.

THANK YOU for the responses. I read them all in detail. Also will keep checking in for additional feeback/thoughts.

Really do appreciate ya'll taking ur time and helping me out.

BuzzCap7

I have done it, but there are many places I would rather be than in the middle of the Everglades at night by myself if there was to be a breakdown. Remember, there are strange peolpe out there. Especially in Florida.

Don't understand why you'd go at night. Lots to see during the daylight. Too many critters around after dark. Major bugs, too. Blacktop and cement will retain the heat for a while after the sun goes down. Maybe a few gators had a bad day in the shade and decide to take an early evening snooze on the warming plate. Enjoy the sunshine, lifes to short to be flying over moving speed bumps.

Best time to ride alligator alley would be in the winter Feb. day time. Last thing you need would be breakdown at night. Long road with plenty of bug durring the summer.

Good news!! I called the FHP (Florida Highway Patrol) and got the right person the 1st time. What LUCK!! WoooHoooo. :worthy

FHP said it is perfectly fine to ride it on a bike at night since it is TOTALLY lite up. Many bikers do so ..................... I'm outta here.......weeeeeee. :)

Thank you again for all of ur help!! :s

BuzzCap7

This is a funny thread, I keep on hearing that ol' Jerry Reed song in my head every time I read the title of this thread. It is about Amos Moses growing up with his daddy using him as "Alligator Bait" ...whew, the reputation of that road preceeds itself, thats for sure!

Hopefully we'll hear sometime today how it went. If not, one of us will have to call and file a missing person report and go look for a gator with a full belly!

Check out the guys arm this gator is holding in his mouth

attack_tx100.jpg

Back