free website stats program Alarms...any suggestions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarms...any suggestions

Yes, sadly it would still be under warranty if I could produce the bill of sale...in my haste I tossed all sorts of stuff in a spring cleaning episode including the receipt....I vow to keep all motorcycle related packaging and paperwork from now on.:(

I like the stock proximity sensor system. My first bike also had LoJack recovery system. Lojack has multiple systems available, basic recovery, Early Warning which has a fob for proximity and a motion sensor that notifies you if your bike moves beyond a certain distance from the fob, and I believe they have a full system that disables starting etc.
Of course Lojack systems are discrete security and not overt "keep away from the noisy- flashing lights motorcycle" type of systems.

I have the OE alarm system with the smart siren II all of which I installed myself using the instructions in the self-help section. What can I say, I like it.

Yes, sadly it would still be under warranty if I could produce the bill of sale...in my haste I tossed all sorts of stuff in a spring cleaning episode including the receipt....I vow to keep all motorcycle related packaging and paperwork from now on.:(

Redman, you should have a serial number on the unit, maybe you remember whom you got it from that could vouch for you. If you used a credit card, your card carrier may have a transaction copy as proof of purchase.

Don't give up...you and a reputable dealer should be able to establish you as the owner and did not abuse it in any way. :)

Back