free website stats program Alarms...any suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

Alarms...any suggestions

Redman

My alarm recently took a dive...six ft under. I am wondering what alarms, if any, folks are using and what they like about that model. I will not disclose the model I had but will say it claimed to be waterproof but sadly even tucked neatly under my seat a Wyoming rainstorm took care of that last week. Thanks for any tips. I do plan on taking my own waterproofing measures in the future to insure this does not happen again.:s

Thanks for the input gents....Hobbit, did you install yourself...if so is it a simple task?

I used scorpio for years they are rock solid. Just installed i900 on my '09 rkc and it was less than an hour from start to finish including the fuel pump cut off.

I installed the SR-i900 Scorpio alarm. I am very satisfied with it, especialy with the peremiter sensor. My HD dealer installed it to me. He managed to install it at the same location of the HD Smart Siren 2.

Redman, a little clarification is in order...what alarm system did you have that took a dump, and was it installed correctly and working just fine prior to failure?

Most HD riders are familiar with the stock HD system, in fact some HD dealers install the HD TSSM w/ the silent alarm/immobilizer for security reasons (prevents mass theft of their showrooms). Some may also equip them with LoJack or similar to promote sales. I for one like the HD OEM system, but chose not to install the audiable alarm module aka "HD Smart Siren (1 is for older HDs with Button Fobs, 2 is for newer Buttonless (proximity) Fob) only because the kit puts in a bad place under the tranny case between the frame rails ON MY MODEL SPORTSTER and for a "measly"..."hunerd dallah" (no surprise here) it would be painless and easy.

Last edited:
The smart sirene 2 fits into a niche in the fuse box. It is an easy install that only takes a few minutes. You can also get a pager that notifies you when someone is messing with your bike. The range is supposed to be 1/2 mile from the bike to the pager. It is also very easy to set up the pager. I don't know how hard it is to install the base security system. I had the dealer add it when I bought the bike.

It was a gorilla alarm and it worked flawlessly in rain and the like had a pager and was really a good fit...installed myself simple took about 20 minutes...warn away,tilt sensor etc... Then it took a digger...I spent a couple hours with a hair gryer at the hotel drying all and went through 8 or so fuses tryiing to reconnect but it just kept blowing em so then I tried to jump the circuit and no luck. Thanks for the tips all.

I've been thinking of the "Digital Guard Dawg" security system. It's not actually an alarm, but won't let anyone crank your bike.

It was a gorilla alarm and it worked flawlessly in rain and the like had a pager and was really a good fit...installed myself simple took about 20 minutes...warn away,tilt sensor etc... Then it took a digger...I spent a couple hours with a hair gryer at the hotel drying all and went through 8 or so fuses tryiing to reconnect but it just kept blowing em so then I tried to jump the circuit and no luck. Thanks for the tips all.

Is it still under any kind of warranty or can you talk to MFGR's Rep...they may offer you a discounted module...they may be interested in the failure mode, since it is probably less than a year old....JMHO :D

Back