free website stats program Air Cleaner or Slip Ons First? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Air Cleaner or Slip Ons First?

I differ from most here as I have read and studied HD's Dyno comparisons and they show that SE exhaust adds little or near nothing as far as HP goes. At the same time they show a very nice improvement with just the SE A/C. I know for fact what i would do as that is exactly what I did, TFI and A/C with stock exhaust and it was a very nice improvement. I agree that if I were to add an efficient exhaust power would increase even more but not all of us want LOUD exaust.

Fueling and the ability to add adjustability to the stock bike running lean to very lean A/F mixture is what I would resolve first. Since it is adjustable, you can compensate for any accessories or changes you do to your induction/exhaust system.

Price wise, the $200 EFI fueler like TFI by Teclusion is simple and effective, with results immediate and felt. The A/F is $55 for K&N element to SE Kit or more about $200. Still a lot cheaper than then slipons $300-$350 or full exhaust $600 or so.

What you choose is your call, balancing your budget is the most important...but performance wise and peace of mind, adjusting A/F mixture for engine longevity...the horsepower and torque increase as a bonus trumps intake or exhaust mods and is a bonus...wouldn't have bought the bike if it didn't meet my needs to begin with.

Last edited:
Back