free website stats program afr mixture for xieds | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

afr mixture for xieds

There are many that would argue the SERT is not that good.
I see no need for anything more aggressive for street use than a TFI.
Now I have been around long enough to know many do things to street bikes that make no sense just because they can. I myself have many times.
For the ride that is shooting for the limits the PC111 can be a fine tool. Many would say better than the SERT .
The only reason I would even run a TFI would be to get the most out of a stage1. Other wise I would just leave it alone.
On my 07 Thats what I have done is leave the bike alone. I have been playing with a set of XIED's just to see how the stack up.

Some good points in there Smitty, however here's how the some of different units stack up that you mentioned.

TTS...top of the line, overkill IMO on a street bike
SERT... best until the TTS came out, same as above.
Power commander... good for the engine builders but over billed for what it is.(piggyback unit)
TFI...good for a street ridden bike that can be installed and tuned with minimal know how. (piggyback unit)

Then there are a host of others that fall in the cracks between the above.

Agree that the TFI would be a better choice than the IED's

What some don't realize is that the fuel maps in the stock bikes are lean on the bottom end and a bit rich on the top end.
When you add the IED's which are a constant at all throttle settings, You end up correcting the bottom end and over richening the top end because they are not adjustable.

I would have to put the IED at the bottom of the list above.

Agree that the TFI would be a better choice than the IED's

What some don't realize is that the fuel maps in the stock bikes are lean on the bottom end and a bit rich on the top end.
When you add the IED's which are a constant at all throttle settings, You end up correcting the bottom end and over richening the top end because they are not adjustable.

I would have to put the IED at the bottom of the list above.

your advice is not totally falling on deaf ears (although my wife accuses me of that) I listened and went with the TFI which by the way I haven't installed yet.See what you have to look forward to!:D

...I have also found everyone I have talked to that installed a TFI never switched but I have seen a few switch to TFI from others units...

While we have never talked, I am one that started with the Xied's then tried the TFI. But then I switched to the TTS.

Yes, the TFI worked "OK" but that was not enough for me even though I run a stock '08 TC96. The TFI is simply a fuel adding device.

I found, after becoming somewhat more educated with the workings of the Delphi system, that the more full-featured tuners could produce results closer to what my bike needed.

So now you know of at least one owner that has switched to another tuner.

Account removed by request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back